TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to- day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The holder of this post who reports to Head of Accounts and Administration will be responsible for;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
Enforcing of Road Traffic Axle Load control by the use of Weighbridge Scale Devices
Enforcing The East African Community Vehicle Load Control, Act 2016 and its Regulations, 2017 which include the following:
- Collecting and banking all weighbridge charges (fees) according to weighbridge report form;
- Seeking current USD exchange rates issued by bank of Tanzania
- for case of imposing Charges that are equivalent to Tanzania shillings;
- Filling all reports timely
- Maintaining asserts register
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity
- Reporting all matters to the shift In charge
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Accounts and Administration/Regional Manager
KEY QUALIFICATION FOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT;
- Holder of Ordinary Diploma in Accounting or Certificate of Accountancy from any recognized Institute.
- Must be computer Literate (at least advance Certificate in computer application)
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Not above 35 years of age
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.