Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania (HiH EA-TZ) is an
NGO newly registered by the Ministry of Community Development, Gender and
Children with a mandate to operate within the United Republic of Tanzania.
The NGO is part of the global Hand in Hand
International network, with independent operations within the Eastern Africa
region with a mission
to work for the economic and social empowerment of marginalized women, youth
and men and therefore the society by supporting the creation of sustainable
Enterprises and Jobs.
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH EA) which has had
operations in Kenya and Rwanda spanning about 7 years of experience will
support the establishment, growth and expansion of the HiH EA-TZ in
collaboration with HiH International based in London.
HiH EA -TZ intends to
fill various vacancy in Moshi Branch and invites applications from suitably
qualified individuals for the following position:
ACCOUNTANTS ASSISTANT – REF NO: HTZ AA 02-2018
Assistant will be responsible for the entry of data, verification of financial
and accounting information in the MIS and ensure that all the primary financial
and accounting transactions at their level comply with organization procedures,
policies and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To disburse petty cash, with timely accounting,
re-imbursement and update of all relevant expenses.
- Analyse all the expenses and update the branch
manager or Head office where applicable on areas of fund misappropriation.
- Manage stationery stocks in the branches with monthly
stock takes and variance analysis and taking action therefore.
- Carry out Assets coding quarterly verification
and submission to Head Office a signed copy of list of assets relating to the
- To monitor branch performance, ensure that
reports are accurate and to share the system reports with the branch manager.
- Undertake timely reconciliation and process
payment of branch liabilities.
- To execute accurate and timely posting in the
Accounting system and reconciliation of all branch operations. (e.g. clientele,
savings revenue loans and loan payments among others.
- To maintain and take charge over the safe
custody of auditable documents filed at
- Ensure stringent adherence to internal Control
systems and procedures as per organization polies.
- Play the role of key contact person on issues
relating to MIS system accuracy, efficiency and availability due diligence on
attend and participate in the meetings of credit at the branch level to
evaluate customer’s due diligence and credit applications.
- Maintain effective relationship with supplier
and manage courier and postage services for the branch.
- Work in Hand in Hand with the branch manager in
preparation of accurate annual budgets.
- Input and verify data in the Management
Information System (MIS).
- Raise journal vouchers to correct errors in the
- To undertake other duties as and when
- Minimum CPA ll or equivalent
- Proficiency in the use of computerized
accounting systems and Microsoft suite packages.
- A self-starter working with minimal
- Integrity and willingness to commit to the HIH
EA’s mission and values.
- A valid Tax Compliance Certificate with an
Qualified and interested candidates
should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference
Number to HiH-EA via Brighter Monday by close of business by 17th August, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Dignity and Choice
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania is an equal opportunity
employer and does not charge or accept any amount or security deposit
from job seekers during the selection process
or while inviting candidates for an interview.