DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT US DIRECTLY, APPLY THROUGH BRIGHTERMONDAY ONLY!
1. Name of the position:
Accounts Clerk, FZS Serengeti Ecosystem Management office (FZS-SEMA)
Fort Ikoma, Serengeti District
(Candidates must be from the region or willing to relocate to the region)
3. Position in the organisation:
The FZS-SEMA Accounts Clerk will directly report to the FZS-SEMA Project Accountant
4. Purpose of the job
Serengeti Ecosystem Management project’s purpose is:
To empower and facilitate the engagement of local communities in biodiversity conservation, sustainable natural resource management and adoption of sustainable livelihoods in the Serengeti Ecosystem
The FZS-SEMA office encompasses multiple donor-funded projects that operate within the wider Serengeti Ecosystem. This position will be responsible for accounting and finance administration of these projects and the FZS-SEMA office.
5. Main outputs
Implementation of the FZS accounting policy and procedures, preparation of accounts for good project management, reporting and auditing of the FZS-SEMA project.
Implementation of FZS accounting and procurement policies in general
Maintenance of cash flows
- Ensure that sufficient petty cash is available at FZS-SEMA office at all times
- Ensure imprest requests or retirements
are in compliance to FZS financial policy and procedures
- Check all accounts entries are made on a
weekly to monthly basis as required and ensure entries are also checked by the
FZS-SEMA project accountant and/or Project Leader
- Ensure that cash vouchers and receipts have been completely filled and correctly coded. If not completely coded, inform relevant person to assign appropriate codes.
- Ensure that all expenditure and receipts are accompanied by appropriate supporting documentation and take appropriate action to obtain missing documentation.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents
Accounting system maintenance
- Post all financial transactions into the computer accounting records, within 48 hours of transaction
- Maintain and update fixed asset register for the FZS-SEMA office
- Support the FZS-SEMA Project Accountant to ensure appropriate tax is paid or tax exemption is obtained for all purchase and consulting contracts
- Monitor the available budget for FZS-SEMA projects and provide information on budget management to FZS-SEMA Technical Advisors and Project Manager
- Prepare financial statements as requested for external donors
- Regularly liaise with the FZS-SEMA Project Accountant and if necessary with other FZS ARO accountants.
- Ensure that the FZS-SEMA Wasso office projects’ financial statements are true.
- Show a high degree of flexibility and willingness to carry out other support duties as requested by the FZS-SEMA Project Leader, Project Accountant and other staff as required to ensure the efficient running of project activities.
- Other duties as specified by the FZS-SEMA Project Accountant or other staff as requiered
Qualifications and experience – required:
- Diploma in accounting, finance or business administration
- Extensive experience with computer software (including accounting software, excel, word, power-point and access)
- Written and spoken English
- Fluency in Swahili
- Willingness to work in remote areas
Qualifications and experience – desired:
- Experience in the Serengeti
- Experience of working with NGOs
and donor-funded projects
7. Key Competencies:
The job-holder will be expected to show competence in the following areas and exhibit these competencies whilst carrying out their daily duties.
Integrity: Maintains high ethical standards, both personally and professionally, show integrity and fairness in dealing with others
Teamwork: Co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals: shares information, supports others. Contributes effectively towards the organisation’s goal or towards solving problems/conflicts even when topic involved does not directly serve one’s own interests
Systematic working patterns: Structuring one’s work in an orderly and transparent manner, carrying it out with an eye for detail and accuracy
Problem analysis: Pointing out problems, recognising important information, tracing causes of problems
Adaptable, receptive to new ideas, willing and able to adjust to changing
demands and circumstances
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of their positions. The essentials duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Candidates should apply by sending their CV along with copies of testimonials and academic credentials using the Brighter Monday website. The covering letter should set out your motivation for applying for the post and your key technical experience relevant to the role. Please indicate when you would be available to start.
The deadline to receive applications is 23rd February 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.