REPORTS TO: Accounting Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-exempt
TIME COMMITMENT: Full-time, 40 hours per week
STARTING SALARY: Confidencial
The Accounts Payable and Payroll Specialist processes all the components of weekly accounts payable, including purchase order processing and accounting, semi-monthly payroll, daily cash receipts and accounts receivable, and provides accounting assistance for all other functions of the department.
Accounts Payable and Purchase Orders:
- Acts as primary Accounts Payable contact for vendors, management and program directors, and maintains vendor records in the accounting system.
- Processes agency purchase orders and maintains records of receipt of goods and services.
- Reviews for correctness and processes check requests and invoices.
- Prepares and mails signed checks.
- Provides monthly accounts payable reports and other information needed for filing of grants claims and for analysis of agency and program expenses.
- Maintains vendor information and prepares annual 1099’s.
- Processes semi-monthly payroll for approximately 80 employees, including employees with multiple program distributions.
- Responsible for the maintenance of timesheet documentation and payroll payment records that meet requirements of federal and other funders.
- Monitors employee payroll input for proper allocation of time. Coordinates with Grant Accountant in coding employee time to meet grant budgetary and other grant compliance requirements.
- Prepares, reconciles and distributes recurring payroll reports including vacation, pension and insurance accruals.
- Prepares journal entries for each payroll to post the required transactions to the general ledger.
- Maintains all payroll files, including electronic and hard copy storage.
- Provides the documentation required for the reconciliation of the payroll bank account.
- Acts as liaison to the payroll system outsource (currently IBS) in maintaining software updates for payroll and tax reporting.
- Processes incoming cash receipts for Catholic Charities programs.
- Verifies deposits to deposit summary sheets logs.
- Prepares deposits daily.
- Maintains deposit accounting and banking records, both electronic and hard copy.
- Thorough familiarity with the policies and procedures guiding the work of the Accounts Payable and Payroll Specialist position, as well as the overall department. Must maintain job performance that is consistent with these policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining current training and knowledge in the job functions, and in the agency’s accreditation standards and performance and quality improvement efforts.
- Responsible for up-to-date cross-training and readiness to perform one or more of the other accounting functions not in the primary areas of responsibility of the Accounting and Payroll Specialist position.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant or Director of Accounting & Finance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.