SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water,
Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in
more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international
advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools,
knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services –
empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on our operations in Tanzania, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the Position
We are looking for an administrative assistant who will be a joining the Operations Team here at Country
Office in Dar Es Salaam, responsible for managing the Dar Es Salaam office and ensure that daily
operations of the office runs smoothly.
- Managing of the reception of the location office i.e. phones, incoming mails and outgoing mails, records
management of each.
- Management of Office Administration, including Office Running; Logistics; Security, Information
- Ensure all services in the offices are available (water, utility, generator, internet, phone, etc.) and that
all office furnishings and equipment are functioning and maintained
- Ensuring offices remain stocked with office supplies and kitchen consumables. Stock controls and
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and cleanliness of the office, ensuring that any needed maintenance
is dealt with.
- Coordinate all local travels from the location
- Manage all SNV cars which are at the location
- Ensuring staff travels are well planned with the required resources
- Together with drivers ensure that fleet is in place, serviced and maintained.
- Management of specific task employee especially drivers, are in compliance with our Motor Vehicle
- Ensuring all assets are well managed, secured and maintained at the location office
- Asset that needs to be disposed are disposed as per policy
- Asset that are new are registered into the system by finance
- Asset are registered and coded
Safety and Security
- Liaising with Operations Manager on location Security.
- Serving as security focal point for staff and consultants
- Ensure functional Health and Safety committee in place at the location and maintain first aid kits
- Ensuring the all records for day to day administrative work are in place and are filed properly.
- All the files are coded well and put in a safe place
- Develop a record register for all files in the archive rooms.
- All projects documents will be submitted to admin office who will ensure that the records are in place.
- Disposal of records must follow the internal policy on records disposal with the right approvals.
Functional Competencies –demonstrated ability in
- Office Management/administration
- Proven ability in steering operations in a fast-paced environment along with people management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment,
- Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time national position with the successful candidate being contracted on a one-year basis
with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
and includes a competitive secondary benefit package.
How to Apply
Please click on the following link https://www.smartrecruiters.com/app/jobs/all/ submit your Cover Letter,
CV and Salary History on or before 17th August 2018 if you wish to be considered for this position. All
information will be in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted