To sell products related to food and crop production and provide customer service as representatives of their companies. Their jobs can vary from selling farm equipment to products such as fertilizer and seeds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Selling and promoting a line of products offered by a company.
- Sell a variety of agro - chemicals to be used in different fields
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandizing techniques.
- Service existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Develop and grow the commercial relationships of assigned leading industrial customers while prospecting for new accounts to increase market penetration.
- Manage sales pipeline to drive new business opportunities to commercial success.
- Forecast sales to enable operations planning, introduce product innovations and maintain active memberships.
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture or agribusiness
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Agro – chemical sales
- technical and scientific qualification
- Knowledge of chemical products and their manufacturing processes.
- Sales experience in areas related to agriculture
- Good communication and public speaking skills