i) Company overview
Radio Mashujaa FM is fully owned by Mashujaa Group Limited, a limited liability company incorporated by The Business Registration and Licensing Agency (BRELA) with a certificate of incorporation number 78568, dated the 6th September 2010. Our studio is in Lindi Town and is the first local Radio Station in Lindi Region tunable at frequency 89.5 and can also be heard online through our website www.mashujaafm.co.tz.
As the company is undergoing a rapid growth it is now looking for an assistant accountant that will assist the Head of finance department in handling the accounting and finance responsibilities of the company to ensure that all the accounting affairs of the company are in order.
ii) Duties and responsibilities
- Classification and recording of daily financial transactions including maintenance of tidy filing of all the supporting documents.
- Posting transactions in QuickBooks accounting system based on accrual accounting principle.
- Timely billing of customers, sending statement of accounts to customers and make follow-up for payment as the invoices fall due for payment.
- Maintain accurate records of accounts payable and receivables in QuickBooks.
- Preparation of payroll and payment of salaries on time, including remittance of the payroll taxes to Tanzania Revenue Authority on a timely basis.
- Management of petty cash and handling of all the petty cash payments
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
· Ensure taxes and any other statutory dues are correctly computed and timely remitted.
- Ensure timely filing of all statutory returns.
- Maintain an up to date fixed asset register.
- Reconciliation of entries into accounting system
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
iii) Skills and Qualifications
- Interested candidate should at least possess a Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- High attention to details
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Professionalism and organization skills
- Strong work ethics and flexibility,
- Must have a good knowledge of the basic computer applications
- Good written and oral communications skills
iv) Mode of Application
- All eligible applicants should apply by sending their application letters, copies of CV and certificates through email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for sending applications is one week from the date of this advertisement.
Mashujaa Group Limited is an equal opportunity employer