Job Title: Assistant Finance Officer-Grants
Reporting To: Senior Finance Officer-Grants
Location: Dar es Salaam
Project: Kizazi Kipya.
Job Objective: Perform functions to support Pact Tanzania in financial management in order to provide: accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions; records that identify source and application of funds; effective control and accountability of funds, property and other assets; and comparison of expenditure versus budget amounts.
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Perform functions to support Pat Tanzania in financial management in order to provide: accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions; records that identify source and application of funds; effective control and accountability of funds, property and other assets; and comparison of expenditure versus budget amounts
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare journal vouchers for posting into Accounting System
- Obtain signatures on JVs, vouchers and other financial documents from Pact authorized officials.
- Support Clusters on CSOs capacity building
- Support preparation of Cash Request for fund transfer to CSOs
- Assist in filling of CSOs Monthly Financial Reports, Cost Share Reports and other financial documents to their appropriate files.
- Photocopy, scan and produce financial documents as required
- Support reconciliation of General Ledger and CSOs records
- Assist in interring financial transaction into the accounting system
- Work with the senior Finance Officer-Grants in cash forecasting to ensure funds are available for CSOs activities
- Support review of CSOs liquidation and verification
- Carry out other Finance-Grants related duties assigned by the Senior Finance Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting /Finance, or Diploma in Accounting or Finance.
- NBAA Intermediate Stage Module D’or higher modules will be added advantage.
- At least one year’s experience working in the finance area, in particular handling of cash and making payments.
- Working experience in posting of financial data in accounting software.
- Prior experience in working with donor funded organizations and managing a functional level in a busy environment.
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications, PARTICULARLY EXCEL.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Experience on electronic banking is an added advantage.
The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 20th November 2019.
To learn more about Pact Tanzania visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.