Report to (Direct)
Report to (indirect) Director of Engineering
Job Grade Grade 8
- Setting Out To Win
- Winning Through People
- Delivering Impressive Results
- Understanding the Job
- Recognising Differences
- Customer Focus
- Taking Responsibility
As a BMS Operator you are responsible to supervise and control the operation of the building management system and monitor all plant activities of the headquarters building services
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the maintenance supervisor with planned preventive maintenance (PPM) schedules for implementation and handle the follow up on the same
- Analyze the behavior of the plants with respect to the set point and setting up the various control parameters
- Perform daily auditing of plant performance by utilizing the facilities built on the building management system (BMS) e.g. data logging, plant review, alarm manager status, etc.
- Analyze reasons of failure of plants and provides specific diagnostic, problem analysis and specify the necessary remedial actions for Supervisor’s approval
- Use the historical logged data of various plants to review the system and propose improvements in order to enhance the system efficiency and / or reduce the operation cost as well as improve the services provided to customer
- Program the BMS and PPM system and other plants (e.g. standby power generator, diesel driven fire fighting pump, fire alarm system, etc.) for automatic periodic testing
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
Additional to the above mentioned requirements an Employee will at times be expected to perform tasks and duties outside of his/her scope of work as necessitated by work demand.
This document does not create an Employee contract. It is stressed that changes in business may require alterations to this job description.