The Branch Manager role will involve managing day to day activity of the current Cotton
Business in Tanzania, East Africa including Extension, procurement, processing, quality,
logistics. It’s a well-rounded role that gives the experience of managing a large & complex
business in one of the fastest growing regions.
Key Performance Matrices include:
• Design, implement and manage the extension and procurement Strategy in the
geography with the respective teams below him/her to drive and deliver volumes as
per the overall business plan.
• Oversee processing/ginning facility
• Responsible for driving procurement volumes and market shares in the region covered
by the Branch
• Support the trading team in trading and positional decisions by providing adequate
and timely market information
• Ensure strict adherence to all the laid down systems and procedures without exception
• Ensure that all the direct and indirect costs for the business are within budgets
• Be responsible for the ginning operations – efficiency, cost of production, volumes as
per agreed budgets. This is in addition to general administration at the ginnery.
• Interface with appropriate regulatory bodies for obtaining permissions, approvals, etc
• Optimize utilization of processing and quality resources in the country to derive
maximum capacity utilization and efficiencies, to eliminate controllable losses &
minimize the impact of non-controllable losses
• Capability building amongst local staff & build seamless alignment with strategy in the
• MBA with 5 – 7 years of post-qualification industry experience. Non MBA with at-least
10 years of managerial experience in an independent role.
• Prior experience in handling of agri commodities – both procurement and processing
– is a must.
Bunda/Mwanza, Tanzania (flexible, anywhere in East Africa)