Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania (HiH EA-TZ) is an
NGO newly registered by the Ministry of Community Development, Gender and
Children with a mandate to operate within the United Republic of Tanzania.
The NGO is part of the global Hand in Hand
International network, with independent operations within the Eastern Africa
region with a mission
to work for the economic and social empowerment of marginalized women, youth
and men and therefore the society by supporting the creation of sustainable
Enterprises and Jobs.
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH EA) which has had
operations in Kenya and Rwanda spanning about 7 years of experience will
support the establishment, growth and expansion of the HiH EA-TZ in
collaboration with HiH International based in London.
HiH EA -TZ intends to
fill various vacancy in Moshi Branch and invites applications from suitably
qualified individuals for the following position:
1.BRANCH MANAGER REF
NO: HTZ BM-1-2018
Reporting to the
Country Manager at Arusha, the Branch Manager will be responsible in planning,
directing and co-coordinating the HiH EA (TZ) Program operations at the branch
Duties and Responsibilities
- To offer leadership to the staff and foster teamwork
at the branch
- Ensure the program portfolio meets the set quality
- Identify staff gaps and advise the Country office
- To ensure the development and training of Branch staff
- Ensure there is compliance and implementation of
policy and procedures at the branch level.
- Ensure that the branch meets the set key performance
indicators and targets by monitoring and directing staff productivity and
- Identify members’ needs and gaps and to advise Country
Office on product development and on existing product evaluation and reviews
- To market and promote HiH EA (TZ) as an organization
as well as its products and services
- To direct day to day operations and management of HiH
EA (TZ) products and services
- Collaborate and manage relations with the programme
stakeholders within designated area covered by the branch
- To support and
facilitate forums that involve community leaders and stakeholders
- Coordinate the
program marketing activities between the Country office marketing and the
- Write and forward periodic reports on the branch
performance and other issues.
- To manage and monitor the utilization and
serviceability of branch assets.
- Ensure branch security and workplace safety.
- To address and resolve conflicts/ issues affecting the
branch staff and team.
- In consultation with Country Office, to collaborate
with government agencies, local NGO’s and other stakeholders in one’s areas of
operation for the benefit of clients and the programme.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as directed by
- Minimum 1 year
working experience on community practice, social development and social
- Diploma or higher
qualification in the field of Co-operative, Micro Finance, Marketing, Business
Management or Administration, or Commerce.
- Strong conceptual and
practical understanding of peri-rural development and financing.
- Passion and ability
to work with marginalized rural and peri-urban communities.
- Good leadership and
- Positive attitude and
high level of integrity
initiative, good and consistent performance
- Good team playing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in spoken and proficiency in written English and Kiswahili
commitment to the mission and service of the HiH EA(TZ)
Qualified and interested candidates
should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference
Number to HiH-EA via Brighter Monday by close of business by 17th August, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted