Abt Associates, a major U.S.-based research, technical assistance, and international development company, seeks a highly qualified technical specialist to support the Global Health Supply Chain Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) Program. GHSC supports the development of agile, robust, and sustainable health supply chains that will improve the availability of medicines and the health status of Tanzanians through the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Provide strategic planning and implementation assistance
- Objective 2: Improve delivery of health commodities at service sites
- Objective 3: Broaden stakeholders’ understanding of and engagement in the supply chain system
- Objective 4: Strengthen enabling environments to improve supply chain performance
- University degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Healthcare Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience in one or more of the technical areas outlined below;
Technical Areas of Interest
Abt is seeking technical specialists with experience in Public Health Supply Chain and Private Sector Engagement.
The following skills and/or experience are desirable:
- Private Sector Health Programming
- Public-Private Partnership Development in Health Sector
- Pharmaceutical Management and Commodity Supply Chain Experience in Tanzanian Public Health Sector
- Financing of Commodity Supply Chains Systems
- Experience in consulting on donor-funded public health programs.
To be considered for this position, an applicant must submit each of the following:
- Updated CV
- Cover Letter that describes how the candidate meets the minimum qualifications
- In the subject line of the email, write the title of the position (Technical Consultant / GHSC) for which you are applying.
Tanzanian nationals strongly encouraged to apply. Please send these documents to: IHDjobs@abtassoc.com