FINCA Microfinance Bank (Tanzania)
FINCA MICRO-FINANCE BANK formed its first Village Bank in Mwanza in 1998, bringing its model of group lending to Tanzania. In the years since, over a million customers have gained access to responsible financial products including credit, savings and money transfers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage generation of financial statements according to local accounting standards
- Manage timely reporting to relevant local authorities (central bank, tax office, etc.)
- Manage timely reporting to F/I and hub
- Analyzes financial data and develop financial analysis as a key management tool with the aim of optimizing FINCA Bank Tanzania’s activities: identify risks, inefficiencies, negative tendencies, and propose measures that reduce risks, improving efficiency, and reverse negative tendencies
- Create/modify procedures such that they are low-risk and efficient
- Ensure compliance of FINCA Bank Tanzania with financial covenants in agreements with creditors and donors
- Create cash flow forecasts
- Ensure availability of sufficient resources for lending in the required currency
- Manage all financial transactions with creditors, banks, donors
- Manage the planning and budgeting process of FINCA bank Tanzania
- Act as the coordinator and main contact person with external auditors
- Keep all Management Team/Board members informed about relevant issues/developments in FINCA Bank Tanzania's finance activities and department
- Participate/vote in decision-making (with Management Team/Board Members) on relevant “Finance” and “Non-Finance” issues
- Manages relationships with all Lenders, both local and external, in concert with the CMG Team in HQ.
- Manage the ALCO Process as the principal representative of the local subsidiary.
- Supervise all finance staff of FINCA Bank Tanzania. For finance staff located in branches, the CFO retains the “professional responsibility”, whereas the “administrative responsibility” is transferred to the branch manager
- Responsible for hiring/evaluating all finance staff (for branch employees: professional responsibility only; administrative responsibility is with branch manager), and their dismissal, if necessary
- Assess the training requirements for the Finance Department and for its individual employees, and develop a capacity building plan for the Department and its individual employees
- Preparation of staff to assume management positions
- Conduct performance evaluations of the staff reporting to him/her and verify that the supervisory personnel also perform evaluations of their staff in a timely manner according to established procedure
Create/develop appropriate reports: financial ratios; liquidity report; currency gap report; various credit reports; breakdown by branches/regions; breakdown by products; plan-fact comparison; historic development; other as required/appropriate
Ensure compliance of FINCA Bank Tanzania's finance activities with the Charter/bylaws of the subsidiary; FINCA and subsidiary policies, procedures, plans and agreements; decisions of subsidiary governing bodies as well as headquarter and regional office supervisor(s); maintain good coordination with regional office, headquarters, and governing bodies
Present relevant “Finance” issues to the Management Team/Board for information, discussion, decision making
Interaction with local BoD and Chairman
Subsidiary Chief Executive Officer
Subsidiary Chief Operations Officer
Global Chief Financial Officer
Subsidiary finance team
HQ Finance & Treasury TeamJob Requirements
- Extensive experience in best-practice financial management of a company, desirably a financial institution.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and training skills.
- Strong business management and negotiating skills.
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of IT issues and the role and possibilities of IT in financial management.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management or Marketing (or equivalent work experience)
- CPA, or Chartered Accountancy qualification (required)
- Commercial banking experience (a minimum of 5 years is required, more - desirable)
Language Skills:Fluency in English
Availability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
For complete job requirements and Application Procedure please click the indicated link