RESPONSIBLE TO: HR OFFICER/GENERAL MANAGER/MANAGING DIRECTOR
Civil technicians are vital to the success of any company. They simply help the success of any office’s projects from the beginning to the end by ensuring the project is run smoothly and successful. A civil technician helps to plan, design, and build commercial, industrial, residential, and land development projects.
The main reason for the position, in what context and what is the overall end result. The Civil Technician is responsible to supervise, plan, design, build, and advice the management on all civil projects in the company.
The way that the position contributes to and impacts on the organization
The Civil technician is responsible to provide maximum supervision of all civil projects in the company. Failure to furnish the duties will result in disruptions in all civil projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
a) Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
b) Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
c) Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
d) Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data.
e) Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
f) Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
g) Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
h) Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
i) Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
j) Complies with all legal requirements in undertaking the projects, and advise the management on needed actions.
k) Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering data; completing backups.
l) Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
m) Maintaining company confidentiality.
n) Perform other related duties as required
- Generally, a civil technician may only be required to have an advance diploma in civil engineering.
- Must be able to handle several situations at once with poise and confidence.
- A civil technician will also be required to supervise the project in its totality.
- sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
- the ability to think methodically and to manage projects
- problem-solving skills
- ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- complete knowledge of relevant legislation
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through +255 677 043 467