REPORTS TO: CEO
Responsible for monitoring, drive and ensure key performance
targets are met to improve COMPANY profitability through structured growth and
alternative revenue channels. Actively identify, evaluate and act directly on
profitable business opportunities available for COMPANY. Positively identify
customer challenges and improve customer value proposition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following;
- Analyse statistical data to explore
revenue opportunities and come up with commercial strategies to increase COMPANY
- Drive the Key performance areas to
ensure operations meet the target set.
- Collaborate closely with Chief
Operations Officer to ensure the targets are met without compromising the
profitability of the company.
- Constant evaluation of import cargo
& customer mix for effective allocation of containers to minimise handling
& operational costs, leverage on storage revenue at the same time monitor
cargo port stay and efficient utilisation of yard capacity.
- Closely liaise with COO to ensure
operational decisions do not negatively impact customers that is shipping
lines, cargo owners and freight forwarders.
- Effectively management of transit
cargo, follow-up on customer challenges, facilitate with various stakeholders
and authorities to ensure cargo is cleared timely to minimise port stay while
enhancing customer experience.
- Identify and maintain relationship
with key players in transit business at the origin/destination landlocked
- Identify, secure and maintain
profitable business opportunities within Tanzania.
- Assume responsibility for efficient
management of customer accounts.
- Manage relationship with shipping
lines, Freight Forwarders, ICD Operators and all Industry Associations
- Prepare the annual business plan
and ensure compliance with the managerial policies and procedures.
- Increase COMPANY market intelligence
by maintaining a broad and up to date knowledge on competitor activities,
market drivers and external influences on COMPANY business.
- Champion the continued development
of the COMPANY Customer Relationship Management system to map customers,
stakeholders, end users, trade bodies and industry associations, promoting
strong personal relationships with all business influencers.
- Continually strive to identify and seek to capitalise on profitable
business opportunities, particularly where these may complement and increase
COMPANY overall supply chain offerings, including subsidiary businesses.
- Accountability for customer financial relationships, which
includes: billing, overdues and payment behaviour.
- To ensure efficient communication between our customer
base, influential stakeholders and operational colleagues. Most especially in
areas of berth planning, logistics and execution relating to our contractual
obligations and service delivery.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis on complex business
propositions, present outcome and findings to stakeholder groups and senior
- Bench -mark and share independent development strategy for
each managed account, which includes positive rate development both
opportunistic and within contract terms.
- Suggest, arrange and participate in Customer Corporate
Events, relationship and Team building activities and functions.
- To evaluate and identify our local and transit customer
challenges related to delayed Cargo Clearance and advise Management.
- Evaluate, propose, lobby with stakeholders and regulators
on tariff reviews
- Prepare and submit commercial report to HPH on monthly
- Prepare and maintain customer database and their volumes etc
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent active networking skills with customers,
stakeholders and Government
- Commercial & analytical skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Oral and written expression in English.
- Excellent problem analysis.
- Creativity and ingeniousness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in business administration, or other relevant
commercial discipline. Master’s level will be added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years in commercial field with proven
experience within maritime industry.