PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The focus of the Communications Officer is to support the development of communication strategies, messages, materials in the organization's Tanzania programs working in close collaboration with other staff.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Oversee the development/design of communication strategies, messages, materials and selected topics.
- Support program coordinators to develop clear, innovative educational approaches and messages, achieve audience awareness and promote desired audience behaviors.
- Support program teams to develop Behavior Change Communications (BCC) materials that have technically correct messages linked to organization’s objectives.
- Plan and implement testing of messages and formative research to inform design of BCC materials.
- Refine existing oraganization training materials to ensure that they are user friendly, and designed to guide lasting impact.
- Support program teams to plan, organize, coordinate, pre-testing production of BCC materials.
- Organize training of partner staff in the use of BCC materials and development of success stories.
- Develop communications plans for the organizatio's projects in consultation with program coordinators.
- To support production of branded written communication materials including handbooks, manuals, posters, as well as radio spots, press releases and interpersonal communications such as drama and messaging campaigns that support the organization's BCC efforts
- To coordinate production of videos and photographs that support the organization's communications efforts with beneficiaries and partners
- Manage communications consultants, service providers, when requested.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Degree in the field of communications, public relations, public health/nutrition, journalism or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in verbal/written Kiswahili and English.
- Ability to take the lead on tasks and work independently when required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in common software including excel and word and editing software including publisher.
- Video production/photography experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge in international development programming would be an advantage.
- Graphic arts experience would be an advantage.
Job Location: Musoma,Tanzania Position Type: Full Time/Regular