The Communications Specialist is responsible for maintaining internal communications channel to keep project beneficiaries and partners informed of Lake Zone Youth Empowerment project presence, information and events. The Specialist will also ensure the production of quality communication materials and information. If you are passionate about using your communication skills to demonstrate the positive change is doing in Tanzania, you are the ideal candidate!
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
We believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
We promote equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a similar discipline.
• Several years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
• Proven experience in developing and implementing communications strategies.
• Strong writing, editing and communications skills, next to experience in developing print and digital communications materials.
• Fluent in speaking and writing in English
• Proven ability in delivering relevant content to digital and social media
• Strong in expressing creativity in all different communication channels and ability to quickly switch between them.
As a volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. The organization will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.