Location: Nyarugusu, Based in Kibondo Field Office Reports to: Field coordinator
Contract Duration: 1st November, 2017-28th February, 2018
Good Neighbors Tanzania is implementing livelihoods programs in the refugee camp. The Community Outreach Officer will be working closely with the community in the camps. He/She will be the focal person for Inter-Agency Community Feedback Mechanism and Advocacy for Good Neighbors in the camp implementing in the field level reporting directly to Field Coordinator.
The role of the Community Outreach Officer will be to provide support to all of GNTZ’s livelihoods projects and especially on community feedback and advocacy. The Community Outreach Officer will be focusing on reaching out to the community on issues in livelihoods and self-reliance.
• Support to the development and implementation of camp level livelihoods programs.
• Management of Community Based Refugee Incentive Workers.
• Design and implement community outreach activities to build awareness on livelihoods and self-reliance.
• Assist in data collection on camp level for livelihoods programming
• Coordination with different partner agencies NGOs, UN and Government Authorities.
• At least 2 years of experience working in the community
• Advanced Degree in Communication, Social Work, Rural Development, or any related Social Science field
• Fluency in English.
• Knowledge of Kirundi
• Experience in working with the NGO
• Experience in working in Refugee Camp