Report to: Director of Grants
Job summary: This position will ensure the organization .and sub grantees complies with laws, regulations, donors terms and conditions as well as third parties' contractual terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the organization complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulation and USG federal regulations,
- Review and evaluate accounting and related control systems policies and procedures for compliance, adequacy and effectiveness in line with code of federal regulation and accounting best practices.
- Conduct periodic compliance tests on financial and administrative controls to ensure their effectiveness, reliability and integrity,
- Identify and develop risk management strategy for the organization, projects and sub recipients and report progress on quarterly.
- Develop, mentor and develop sub recipients on compliance and work,
- Prepare reports to the management on observations and findings, making improvement and follow up of implementation of past recommendations by the management, compliance department, auditors and evaluators
- Verify assets and liabilities and make appropriate recommendations,
- Diagnose and develop enhanced procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory, financial, program, projects, strategic information and core operational system requirements,
- Conducting pre award assessment and continuous assessment to all sub grantees on their capabilities to deliver expected results and donor terms and conditions.
- Review organization grants manual to ensure it aligns with donor expectations in financial and programmatic project management.
- Follow up of implementation of internal, external, evaluator and OIG recommendations
- Required education and experience
- Professional accounting qualifications required e.g. CPA (T), ACCA, and CIMA
- Master's degree on Business administration or related field
- 4 years' experience in the same or equivalent position with auditing firm or NGOs or funding agencies
- 4 years' work experience in donor funded programs and projects
- Experienced in USG grants management policies, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and relevant applicable circulars
Knowledge of grants management
- 4 years' work experience in compliance audit or internal audit or external auditing
- Analytical and report writing-skills on finance, accounting, program and strategic information and present to the management
- Conversant with Tanzania laws and regulations, and donors laws and regulations
- Experienced in risk management strategy from identification, assessment, evaluation, mitigation strategies and follow up of implementation
- Ability to transfer compliance skills and knowledge through training and mentoring