* Responsible for overall administration and implementation of the organization F2F program.
* Act as the organization
F2F representative to donors and in-country agencies.
* Develop strategies and priorities in accordance with the organization
and donor’s strategic objectives.
* Develop and maintain constructive contacts with USAID and other donors.
* Reports to F2F headquarters project management staff on corporate and project matters.
* Initiates contact with targeted host country organizations to assess need for short-term technical assistance through volunteer specialists.
* Provides advice and guidance to requesting host country organizations to (1) define their immediate and longer-term needs for short-term, technical assistance from agricultural and environmental specialists, and (2) completes applications in detail and accurately defines and writes scopes of work for volunteer assignments.
* Assesses viability of host organization requests made to the organization
, considering priority
of development needs, terms of reference and scopes of work for the
proposed assignments, necessary background of potential volunteers, and
willingness and ability of requesting organizations to provide necessary
substantive staff and logistical support to the volunteer.
* Secures commitment to in-kind and/or cash contributions on the part of requesting organizations.
* Assesses results of work and recommendations of the organization
volunteers through interviews with officials of organizations that requested the organization
* Monitors project budget to ensure that expenditures are within approved budget parameters and assists F2F HQ management team in ensuring that all appropriate financial reporting requirements are met.
* Establishes own travel schedule required to carry out duties.
* Recruits, develops, and manages host country project staff in accordance with good management practices and in compliance with host country labor laws.
* Contributes to the professional development and training of project staff.
* Contributes to the project reporting, public affairs and coordination activities.
* Recommends the appropriate contact to the donor/client for specific technical requests, questions and concerns.
* Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in agriculture, international development or another relevant field.
* Minimum eight years of relevant experience in Kenya or Tanzania required.
* Proven leadership and management skills, including strong communication, planning, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. Ability to represent the organization
before large audiences, build effective
management and program teams, and negotiate with other donors,
contractors, and host country organizations.
* Ability to understand macro development issues and develop strategized policy recommendations.
* Ability to analyze mixed issues and develop project specific recommendations and ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Working knowledge of PC based word processing and spreadsheets are required.
* Fluency in English and host country language required.
Kenyan and Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.