Overall management and control of country vehicle fleet, security, operational performance (air and ground), customs affairs matters, Import and Export process, planning and implementation of day to day running of the warehouse, staff allocation and relocation. To promote and maintain good relationships with airline operations staff and management, government and third party agencies, thereby ensuring the expeditious movement of shipments and information through the Company.
• To integrate quality into the business to ensure that every customer contact is a demonstration of absolute dedication towards providing first time ideal solutions for the satisfaction of customer’s immediate and future needs.
• To implement ISO standards and Global SOP procedures at all times.
• Responsible for the timely recovery, lodgment and processing of international inbound and outbound material, including transfers, whilst ensuring that master air waybills are cut correctly and reflect requirements as stipulated by the airline and uplift opportunities are maximized.
• Ensuring inbound flights normally utilized are checked daily for material.
• Recovery confirmations are distributed to all origins as soon as possible.
• Expedite flight alters, to be sent within an hour after material is lodged with airlines.
• Monitor follow up on material not received and keep parties advised strictly within escalation and policy guidelines.
• Effective control and monitoring of security measures to ensure effective operation and safe handling of material and equipment
• Represent the company at meetings with external bodies: Airports, airline operation staff / management, Government bodies and third party agencies.
• Communicate with and lend support to sales and marketing management in technical counsel and advise on the capture, maintenance and retention of major customer accounts.
• Constantly revise and update knowledge on competitor activity dealings with airlines.
• Responsible for personnel management: recruiting, training, career development, coaching, appraisals and compensation.
• Continuous, accurate and timeous reporting on issues regarding performance levels, network standards and areas of concerns.
• Responsible for ensuring that all tasks within the Department are performed in accordance with the company’s Health and Safety and Environment Policies and Procedures.
Education and experience
• University degree and relevant operations qualifications.
• 5 years operations experience, preferably within transportation or logistic industry, minimum 2 years at management level.
• Intermediate proficiency skills in MS Suite Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Solid Communication skills in English: spoken and written
• Proven track record of managing a large operational facility with at least 50 – 100 employees.
• Ability to plan, organize, control & manage risks.
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to work well under pressure.