Reporting to the Account Receivable Manager
- Billing interfaces & exception Handling
- Bank interfaces & reporting
- Cash allocation pre-processing
- Receive remittance details for allocation
- Unapplied/unallocated Cash Application Resolution
- Direct Debit Processing
- Lock Box Processing
- Checks, draft, bill of exchange processing
- Query Management on payment
- Cross - company payment processing
- Refund processing
- Write off, write Back processing
- Down payment processing
- Coordinate dependencies on billing interface
- Coordinate dependencies on banks
- Contact 3rd party countries and coordinate issues as required
- Ensure timely, qualitative and efficient processing of bank receipts, checks and cash transfer
- Guarantee effective allocation of payments, credit notes and adjustments to customer invoices
- Manage and process customer remittances advices
- Timely investigate customer payment related queries
- Investigate and resolve un-allocated & un-applied receipts; and contact customer if required in liaison with credit controller responsible
- Post customer receipts and transitory bank interfaces to SUN
- Execute timely end-of-month closing activities in line with guidelines provided
- Coordinate any process dependencies with external parties
- Support in any process improvement initiatives directed at AR ledger in allocations and customer dispute management
Knowledge and Skills
- Competent user of the Microsoft Office Suite
- IFRS knowledge.
- Understanding of ERP systems.
- Good oral communication skills both in English and Kiswahili.
- Goal and deadline driven
- High Level of Integrity
- Willingness to learn and adapt their experience to a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage, multitask and work in a team.
Education & experience
- An advanced Diploma in accountancy from a recognized Institution.
- At least 2 Yeas experience on a similar role.
- Advantageous to be a registered member of NBAA.