Maintain accurate and detailed records of the indebtedness of individual customers; Apply collection effort to secure settlement of outstanding receivables in accordance with agreed terms; enforce and follow up on payment commitments from customers.
- Responsible for work processes that affect the success of own role and contribute to the overall performance of the department.
- Set and monitor monthly collection targets by territory service centre.
- Ensure effective collection method are implemented and applied to certain customers; release of collection letters.
- Analyse and make recommendations by customer to minimise bad debt exposure.
- Participate in company required audits.
- Ensure that the inputs for the monthly reports are prepared timeously
- Assists with document management in the section.
- Distribution of invoices and statement of account to all credit customers
- Liaise with Sales regarding incorrect pricing and rectify.
- Review Aged Debt Analysis with each Territory Manager, to establish existing and potential bad debt exposure
- In conjunction with the Area Sales Manager and the National Sales Manager co-ordinate and distribute credit suspension letters.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including those in relation to health, safety, environment and community.
- Manage assigned customer portfolio to maintain AR and bad debt exposure.
- Seek approval, advice and support from Sales on suspension of credit facilities and writing off charges.
- Respond to and resolve queries from Customers in relation to the settlement of debtor billings.
- On an ongoing basis, seek out and implement opportunities for continuous improvement within the finance domain
Education & experience
- An advanced Diploma in accountancy, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized Institution.
- 3 Years experience in areas of responsibility.
- Intermediate service, production, or support role having great responsibility to perform all (or most) of the standard work within the function.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of technical or specialty area.
- Readily learns and applies new information/concepts in area of practice.
- Advantageous to be a registered member of NBAA.
Knowledge and Skills
- Competent user of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of accounting information systems.
- Good oral communication skills both in English and Kiswahili.
- Goal and deadline driven
- High Level of Integrity
- Willingness to learn and adapt their experience to a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage, multitask and work in a team