Credit Manager – Letshego Bank (T) Limited
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
Purpose of the Role
The incumbent will be responsible for facilitating sustainable growth, develop strong customer
relationships, and protect the company’s margins and profits to maximize the value of the company’s
1. To supervise and monitor the credit department on the achievement of the commercial
targets on the loan portfolio
2. To ensure risk related to credit activity is properly managed at branch level and that BM and
SRO properly manage their supervision controls on lending activities. And to follow up on
responses to Risk departments findings as far as credit risk is concerned
3. To carry out direct prospection of large SME prospects, to conduct management visits, take
decisions in loan committees and carry out Clients’ monitoring visits
4. To supervise the legal and recovery unit and manage the relations with debt collectors and
auctioneers in order to ensure the best legal coverage possible for our loans and the best
management/recovery possible of defaulting loans.
5. To contribute to the elaboration of the budget in terms of loan clients, loan volume and
portfolio quality and to ensure that the performance of the bank is in line with the budget in
terms of number of loan clients, loan volume, cost of risk (Provisioning for PAR and write
offs) and revenue generated by the loan portfolio.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Experience as network supervisor, credit manager or similar for at least 3 years
• Degree (Economics, Finance, Commerce, management and Marketing)
• Commercial experience in microfinance for at least 8 years
• Master’s degree (economics, Business Administration, finance, commerce,
• Proficiency in Analytical skills and credit risk analysis.
Interested candidates should send their applications through brighter Monday indicating the position
they have applied for and the current CV before or on 24th September, 2018
Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.
“Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate.”