Location: Nyarugusu, Based in Kibondo Field Office Reports to: Field coordinator
Contract Duration: 1st November, 2017-28th February, 2018
Good Neighbors Tanzania is implementing livelihoods programs in the refugee camp. The Credit Program Officer will be working closely with the community for VSLA programs in the camps. He/She will be the focal person for microfinance and VSLA for Good Neighbors in the camp implementing in the field level reporting to Senior Project Officer under the supervision of Field Coordinator.
The role of the Credit Program Officer will be to provide support to all of GNTZ’s livelihoods projects and especially on VSLA. The Credit Program Officer will be focusing on building capacity of the community members who are engaging in VSLA implementation.
• Perform community outreach to introduce VSLA.
• Support to the development and implementation of camp level finance programs.
• Management of Credit Refugee Incentive Workers.
• Designing and implementing trainings to the community on Savings and Credit.
• Data collection on camp level finance situation in regards to livelihoods.
• Coordination with different partner agencies NGOs, UN and Government Authorities.
• Cooperation with the contractors under the same project
• Timely reporting to UNCDF on project progress
• At least 2 years of experience working in the community
• At least 2 year of experience in community based savings scheme (SACOS, ROSCA, VSLA)
• Advanced Degree in Economics, Finance, Rural Development, or any related Social Science field
• Fluency in English.
• Knowledge of Kirundi
• Experience in working with Micro Finance Institution
• Experience in working with the NGO
• Experience in working in Refugee Camp