What are we offering?
The consultant will provide specialist services for the development of paper-and tablet-based
business and financial capability training for the Graduation program in Tanzania.
Preference will be given to applicants based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Who are we?
Fundación Capital (FundaK) is an international organization whose team works in 14 countries across
Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa, with the mission of reducing poverty and advancing
economic citizenship. We work in the design, development and implementation of innovative
projects, with the goal of helping individuals living in poverty to build, grow, manage and protect
their financial, human, physical and social assets. (www.fundacioncapital.org) Fundación Capital has
received funding from Irish Aid for continuing its technical support to the Tanzania Social Action
Fund (TASAF) on the development and delivery of Basic Skills Training for the Livelihoods
Enhancement component of the Productive Social Safety Net (PSSN).
What are the tasks and responsibilities?
- Create the additional basic skills training materials (paper-based only) based on Fundacion
Capital’s existing training materials for Graduation Programs that will be adapted to the
- Draft an outline of a curriculum for the additional training sessions including learning
- Review and improve the tablet-based application for preparing a business plan
- Facilitate with field work preparations
- The Consultant will work under the supervision of Fundación Capital’s Director of Digital
Research and Development and collaborate closely with the Livelihoods Technical Advisor
and Tanzania Country Director
Who are we looking for?
The person we are looking for should be:
- Highly productive, motivated and goal-driven
- A self-starter that is entrepreneurially orientated
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative and flexible
- Willing to travel if the need arises
Skills, Knowledge & Work experience
Fundación Capital seeks a candidate with proven abilities to adapt and develop training materials to
suit Tanzania households who are beneficiaries of the TASAF program.
The person we are looking for should have:
- Experience in using participatory tools to assess capabilities which informs the appropriate curriculum design
- Experience in designing training programs that translate business & financial literacy
concepts to participants with low literacy and low education levels.
- Experience in designing training programs that can be effectively understood and executed
by facilitators with low levels of education or subject matter knowledge
- Experience with Graduation programming
- Experience working with software development teams
- Experience working with the Tanzania government
- Ability to work effectively in teams
Languages: Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required. Working knowledge of Spanish is an
advantage but not a requirement.