The successful applicant for this demanding yet very rewarding managerial role will be an experienced individual with a proven ability at growing, developing and leading an operationally excellent customer experience team. The person will spend a large portion of their time mentoring junior leadership positions, reinforcing agrowth culture, combined with an endless desire to improve the business systems & procedures. The role is accountable for providing the best customer experience M-KOPA customers have ever experienced.
Lead all aspects of customer service including:
· Oversee the formulation of plans to deliver excellent customer experience, include all aspects of the call centre processes and procedures. Including all elements of leading and managing the people, processes, infrastructure and reporting.
· Processimprovements. Develop plans to create efficiencies within the internal systems through identifying technological, process and people improvements. This must include the articulation of the requirements to other departments with the follow through to ensure delivery as planned.
· People. The development and transference of skills to junior leadership is a critical element of the role to grow the team into new roles, both within CC and the wider company. This is combined with the overseeing of a clear, fair and understandable performance management system.
· Measuring. Has the ability to use the vast amount of data available to make data driven decisions for the benefit of the customer, business and employees. This also includes the maintenance and following of budgets.
· Culture & standards. The role is responsible for setting and maintaining the appropriate culture and standards within the call centre through diverse activities and examples
· KPIs. The key measures that will judge the performance of customer care will be the Service Level (multi-channel), collection rate, other efficiency matrix and people orientated KPIs.
Educated in a related field, such as business administration/processes, customer service or marketing. Skill/experience is weighted higher than academic qualification
Below are guideline expectations around experience
· 3+ year’s high-level experience in customer care, preferably in a related industry: financial, mobile-money or other commission based product/service in East Africa.
· Proven ability to build, manage and lead professional Customer Service teams and support functions, in a comparable industry.
· Experience in the design, development and implementing of strategies that have lead to improved business performance .
· Proven ability in using outcome based management through a leadership team
• Must have good leadership and supervisory skills coupled with hands on experience in mentoring and coaching staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive, results oriented, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude
• Must have good problem solving and analytical skills as well as decision making abilities
• Good organization and planning skills
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
• High levels of personal energy
Competitive package covering a monthly salary, performance bonus and medical benefits reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills.