LOCATION: Dar es Salaam within Tanzania. Data Analyst will be based at the Head office
Located at Masaki
REPORTS TO: Head of Media
DURATION: 1 year (with a possibility of extension)
SALARY: 800,000 TSH NET
Overall Purpose of Job:
Data Analyst will be responsible to track and analyze consumer
behavior, consumption patterns which will then be used to improve the effectiveness of marketing
campaigns and product development.
- Track consumer behaviour and consumption habits
- Segment customers based on variances and monitor effectively
- Prepare standardized as well as ad hoc reporting and analytics.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual analysis summaries as well
as ad hoc reports/analysis of each customer segments
- Accountable for data integrity, consistency, accuracy and transparency
- Collaborates with customer care, marketing team and the management to devise
solutions based on established consumer patterns
- Uses data to drive plans: performs ROI analysis and drives decisions on opportunities and
- Continually evaluates marketing campaign effectiveness.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Qualification
- Bachelor Degree on any related field
- Understanding of gaming industry
- A minimum of 3-5 years working as a Business/Data analyst or relevant role
- Intermediate understanding of SQL and the ability to query data basis
- Highly effective verbal and written skills with ability to effectively summarize data in
laymen's terms in reports and presentations.
- Ability to collect, gather and aggregate data from multiple sources and present in
- Ability to use current and devise new methodologies for identifying data patterns, trends
and changes quickly and communicate them as needed
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
environment (Agile Marketing experience a plus)
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, priority setting, problem solving and follow through.
- Experience using advanced business intelligence data and measurement tools, like
- Fast learner, flexible optimist; comfortable with ambiguity and passionate about helping
shape the future through constant improvement.
The following competencies (behaviors and characteristics) have been identified as key to success
in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Analytical Thinking – Able to simplify complex problems.
- Decision Making – Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be
responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
- Planning and Organization – Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and
appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Resilience – Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face
of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an
approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Influencing and Persuading – Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to
convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that
results in agreement or behavior change.
- Communication – The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a
range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the
- Managing relationships – Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a
range of people.