Title : Data Entry Officer (2 Positions)
Location : Nduta/Mtendeli camp
Date : 3rd December, 2017
Duration : 1 year
The Danish Refugee Council has been operating in Tanzania from October 2015 since the establishment of Nduta refugee camp. DRC is now working in Nduta and Mtendeli refugee camps, with a current combined population of approximately 170,000. DRC is working in the sectors of Camp Management and Community Based Protection (CCCM), Protection and Shelter/Construction, and Livelihoods in addition to General food distribution and Management of Extended Delivery Point.
The General Food Distribution Data entry Officer, under the management and supervision of the GFD Centre Supervisor and in close collaboration with the M&E supervisor, will lead in the data compilation on food delivery, distribution and Returns in Nduta and/or Mtendeli camps.
• Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly data on food distribution and no shows are properly collected according to the projects’ M&E plans and data collection systems.
• In collaboration with the M&E supervisor and the Program Development and Grants Officer, help creating new templates for data collection or improving existing ones when needed.
• Support the M&E Supervisor to conduct exit interviews of beneficiaries to assess the level of satisfaction on site
• Provide technical support in database design to the team
• Provide data for DRC’s monthly reports and various donor reports, as requested by the Program Manager and/or the Program Development and Grants Officer.
• Analyze data for trends and share them with DRC program managers, DRC M&E supervisor and DRC Program Development and Grants Officer.
• Make recommendations based on research findings, in collaboration with program staff.
• Help assessing whether programs are reaching their targets and inform appropriate program staff when targets are not being met
• Any other duties as requested by Supervisor .
The Data Entry Officer reports to the GFD centre Supervisor Nduta and Mtendeli Camps
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related fields
Strong skills on mobile data collection (ODK software and/or KOBO tool box)
Excellent computer literacy particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, SPSS
A responsible attitude and ability to manage the resources
Proven high level of problem solving skills
At least 1 years’ experience in Data Management
Must show ability to work in an isolated and challenging environment
Good data analysis skills
Ability to work under pressure
Previous experience of NGO work
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework into the work of DRC (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
• The Position is contract based.
• Remuneration and benefits are as per DRC Tanzania standard salary scale and benefit package.
Availability: 2nd January, 2018
Duty station: Nduta/Mtendeli- Kibondo, Tanzania. This is a non-family duty station.
Duration: One year with possibility of extension, subject to funding.