The Deputy CEO is responsible to support the CEO in the management of the Subsidiary, by assuming the following roles:
a) Direct supervision of the following functional departments of the subsidiary: Commercial, Credit, and HR.
b) Join the Management Board as a permanent member, and as such participate in the strategic management of the company.
c) Support the CEO in the development and execution of strategic plans.In all his/her activities, s/he will be guided by the principle of good stewardship for FINCA and its mission, responsibility and accountability to FINCA and its authorized agents and bodies.In order to fulfill his/her tasks, s/he will provide best-practice leadership vis-à-vis the employees of the Subsidiary; s/he will manage and will adequately and efficiently employ human and other resources in the affiliate, as well as make adequate and efficient use of resources available within FINCA (FINCA International Headquarters, Regional office, other FINCA affiliates) and externally (outside FINCA).
The Deputy CEO is responsible for directly supervising all departments under direct supervision. The DCEO must assure that the support from the staff areas is comparable to the best service of similar firms in the open market, at a similar or lower cost for FINCA. Also, the DCEO is responsible for attending to the CEO’s duties in situations when the CEO is prevented from doing this. He/she will:
- Ensure high quality financial services to the clientele, and maximize outreach to the target group in a sustainable way,
- Assist in the implementation of best-practice corporate governance, management, organizational structure and procedures, staff development, financial management, and risk management principles.
- Re-engineer existing credit products and develop new credit products:
- Existing credit products: minimize the total operational cost per loan for the whole credit cycle, and without increasing the present credit risk.
- New credit products: Develop credit products for new market segments, and new pre-approved credit programs for segments served with traditional credit products.
- Lead the adoption of new systems and processes to support the development and re-engineering of credit products: CRM (for loan applications and cross-selling), credit scoring, and data mining from domestic and third party client databases.
- Ensure compliance with the Charter/bylaws of the Subsidiary; FINCA and affiliate policies, procedures, plans and agreements; decisions of affiliate governing bodies as well as headquarter and regional office; maintain good coordination with regional office, headquarters, and governing bodies,
- Mobilize funding resources in form of debt and/or grant capital: together with the CEO and the CFO, represent FINCA Tanzania at negotiations and due diligence processes, providing to partners a strategic overview of the business.
- Promote FINCA Impact Finance in the country:
- Ensuring FINCA’s Brand in the market is known and understood to represent friendly, warmth, and responsible service.
- Build a network of contacts with leading corporate executives, government officials, and professional associations in the Congolese market, including ANIMF (National Association of MFIs), American Chamber of Commerce, FEC, etc.
- Use the above mentioned network to: promote FINCA’s agenda, improve the awareness about FINCA Tanzania and FINCA Impact Finance, attract deposits from institutions and high income individuals, and to lead discussions for commercial agreements and strategic alliances.
- Contribute to the development of the FINCA network.
The DCEO is responsible for the direct supervision of the functional departments whose managers are Commercial, Credit, and HR
- Visionary Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Change Management
- Delegation and Empowerment
- Quality Management
- Experience in commercial/retail banking: 8 years minimum, experience in credit: 4 years minimum,
- International experience in developing countries: 3 years minimum,
- Experience working in micro-finance an asset, experience in setting up micro-finance programs preferred, branch management exposure preferred,
- Risk Management experience required,
- Proven people management skills (with minimum of 5 direct reporting managers),
- Exposure, and established interest, in working for poverty alleviation,
- Strategic planning exposure a must,
- Experience in cash flow projections and analysis of business models,
- High degree of computer literacy a must.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in related discipline required.
- Fluency in English required.
- Strategic Thinking,
- Balanced between analytical and action oriented,
- Strong management in volatile and uncertain scenarios.
- Broad understanding of core banking systems
- Broad understanding of new technologies and their impact on retail banking: mobile banking, internet banking.