AHN is building the first dialysis chain across East Africa, providing high-quality, life-saving dialysis at an affordable cost. AHN brings world-class technical expertise combined with developing world practical operating experience to a region in dire need of quality dialysis treatment. In North America, over 97% of patients requiring treatment for kidney disease receive care; in East Africa, less than 5% receive care. AHN's goal is to increase access to high quality care at a lower cost to patients, delivered through a sustainable business mod
AHN is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding leadership and management qualities to fill the position of deputy director (DD). We are looking for a goal-oriented, personable and collaborative Manager Based in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania), the DD will oversee all the clinics and operations in Tanzania and will report to the Country Director (CD). As part of the clinical operations team, and reporting to the CD, the DD will oversee and manage the day-to-day financial, administrative, and human resource functions of AHN clinics.
Roles & Responsibility
· Oversee all Center-level staff within the region, including Center managers, nurses, and other clinical staff
· Manage financial, administrative, and human resource policies and systems
· Ensure that all processes are aligned with AHN global policies and are in compliance with local law.
· Oversee the financial management of the various clinics, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, audits, cash allocations, billing, and budget forecasting and planning
· Oversee the human resource management of the various clinics, including hiring, training and performance management, and dispute resolution.
· Overall responsibility for inventory and equipment needs within the zone, including management of inventory usage and restocking, and equipment maintenance and procurement.
· Proactively address potential problems in the region they manage and deal with them before these problems come to pass
· Frequently travel to clinics in region to ensure each clinic is functioning to AHN global standards
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is an advantage, and experience in a health-related field
· At least 3 years of work experience in the private or public sector, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
· Exceptional written and oral communications skills
· Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision; set priorities, delegate and work independently
· Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb/synthesize a broad range of information
· Ability to mentor and lead teams for strong consistent performance
· Ability to work with limited budgets and human resources without extensive structural or operational support
· Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong work ethic and flexibility, respectful of local norms and culture, ability to work with humility and urgency
· Knowledge of global healthcare systems
· High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint