The goal of the Swiss Development Cooperation is sustainable poverty reduction. In Tanzania the focus of the program support is on Health, Employment & Income as well as on Governance with a budget of approx. 23 Mio Swiss francs per year.
In order to strengthen our Employment & Income team, we are currently looking for a pro-active, dynamic, competent and independent professional with documented experience in the management of projects related to youth employment and agriculture, in order to fill the position of a Driver
Job Description / Responsibility
Office Vehicle Management
- Office vehicle management
- Drive FDFA personnel in Dar es Salaam and upcountry as instructed
- Delivery and pick up of goods and documents as instructed
- Ensure that vehicles are clean and maintained
- Maintaining of the vehicle logbooks
- Carry out periodic check up on vehicles and report to supervisor for maintenance or service needs accordingly
- Undertake a daily check – nuts & bolts, fuel, oil, brake fluid, hydraulic fluid, jack, spare wheel, spanner, battery etc.
- Undertake a weekly check up: chassis, nuts & bolts, body panels, windscreen wiper, washing fluid, lights, indicators etc.
- Check vehicle inventory: repair tools, triangle, jumper cable, fire distinguisher, first aid kit
- Participate in the vehicle servicing process when due in collaboration with the mechanics when needed
Safety & Security
- Ensure that allocated vehicle has valid insurance disc, certified registration card, road safety week sticker and road tax disc
- Ensure all vehicles are with properly stocked First Aid kits and fire extinguishers
- Ensure all vehicles have visible emergency number on dashboard
Messenger services (In absence of the Messenger)
- Assist in organizing customs clearance of diplomatic mail and diplomatic goods
- Follow-up of various matters with MOFA, TRA, RITA and other government agencies
- Handling of car registrations of new expat colleagues
Others (in the absence of Office Assistant)
- Perform other errand office jobs as requested by the Supervisor
- Daily distribute Newspapers and files from in and out baskets
- Age 35+
- Secondary or High School
- Driver license (Categories B, C3 and D)
- Good command of written and spoken English/Kiswahili
- Min. 5 years professional driving experience with a reputable organization is required
- Able to drive a vehicle off road (i.e. 4 wheel driving)
- Work experience in development sector/international non-profit organizations, diplomatic missions/development agencies/international non-profit organization would be an advantage
- First Aid training
- Flexible and readiness to work at night and on week-ends if requested
- Technical skills, able to do minor vehicle repair work
- Good knowledge of the city
- Self motivated and friendly personality
- Basic computer knowledge (Ms Outlook, Word, Excel)
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.