Job Title: Economic Strengthening and Livelihoods Officer (ESLO) – 8 positions (Shinyanga MC, Shinyanga DC, Kahama TC, Ushetu DC, Msalala DC, Kishapu DC, Busega DC, and Maswa DC)
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise Empowerment Workers (EWs) and National Peer Educators.
- Recruit and train EWs in the Village Savings and Loan Groups (VSLG) model and oversee EWs
establishing and supporting new groups and supporting inherited VSLGs.
- Ensure that EWs provide facilitation support for VSLGs to ensure that destitute household
members (lower savings levels and interest) are able to join VSLGs.
- Ensure that VSLGs establish Community Resource Mobilization Committees to map community
resources for social protection.
- Conduct overarching mapping of economic strengthening service providers in implementation
- Work with district-level TASAF to ensure USAID Kizazi Kipya is aware of new expansion areas.
- Ensure TASAF can refer TASAF beneficiaries to USAID Kizazi Kipya for screening and
- Roll out a Household Financial Literacy and Money Management curriculum to EWs and ensure
a quality roll out to VSLG members.
- Lead the creation of trade networks and learning and sharing cohorts within industry types.
- Train EWs to roll out a self-assessment tool with mature groups; establish relationships with propoor
- Serve as the lead for youth related activities including conducting an organizational youth
assessment, implementation action items from the assessment, ensuring establishment and high
quality support to in and out of school Teen Clubs, and ensuring delivery of youth focused
- Provide continuous supportive supervision to EWs to ensure quality economic strengthening
programming and to NPEs to ensure quality youth programming.
- Submit timely economic strengthening and youth updates to the Program Coordinator for
inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Document lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Sociology, Economic Development, or Community
Development relevant degree.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in at least one of the following technical areas: Economic strengthening, Youth
and Adolescent work, Case Management, Bi-Directional Reference, ECD, or Child protection.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Understanding of OVC core OVC services including child protection.