Africare Tanzania is implementing a Youth Economic Empowerment and Livelihood Program (YEELP) in Mtwara and Micro Enterprises Development Initiative (MEDI) in Bulyanhulu, Kahama
Economic Strengthening Officer, YEELP, based in Mtwara for 6 Months (Possible Extension)
The Economic Strengthening Officer will be responsible for supporting beneficiaries to start and improve their enterprises to produce quality products and services under YEELP.
• Engage youth, local community, existing economic groups, local authorities and partners in Mtwara district to participate in various YEELP’s activities
• Strengthen saving and internal lending community (SILC) groups to for better entrepreneur capital
• Conduct inspirational events on entrepreneurship and business development
• Identify and mentor existing entrepreneurs and also youth with the potential of running high impact enterprises
• Engage selected entrepreneurs to develop value chains for horticulture, poultry, bee-keeping, and other high value crops
• Assist youth enterprises to have better access to niche markets, better loans and improved market information and business plans
• Facilitate formalization, registration, licensing of youth enterprises
• Assess capacity building needs for entrepreneurs, communities, LGAs and CSOs
• Train SILC group members on group dynamic, leadership, financial literacy, formal banking, business acumen, and entrepreneurship skills.
• Mentor and support micro-enterprises and potential businesses to facilitate their growth
• Ensure effective monitoring, data collection analysis of project data
• Monitor project performance and document pictorial data, achievements and short success stories
• Prepare project reports and disseminate project achievements and success stories with key stakeholders
• Degree (Entrepreneurship, Agro-business, Economics, Rural Development) and equivalent from reputable academic institutions
• 2 years of experience in working on livelihood, micro-enterprise and income generation activities
• Proven skills and experience in business planning, value chains development, partnership skills
• Experience in technical report writing and presentation
• Excellent computer skills on MS Office (Excel, Word)
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili - oral and written
• A valid Tanzania Driving License with experience driving is an added advantage
Women are encouraged to apply.