Job title: End User Support Team Leader
Country/Corporate/Region : Country
Function: Information Technology
Directly reporting to: End User Support Area Coordinator
Other reporting lines:
Estimated Management Level: G
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The End User Support leader is the key contributor in his/her operating country (OpCo) of responsibility receive the right level of support. The main objectives of this position are:
● Support user requests and incidents on time and with excellent quality
● Ensure the appropriate level of communication with the users.
● Ensure to the Service Level commitments defined with the users.
● Manage the local IT equipment (databases, servers, network) not in control of the Global I&O teams.
● Support OpCo Local Applications .
MAIN ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The country of responsibility is Tanzania
● Manage the local IT support teams in the Country to ensure best quality support.
● Set a functional service desk, field services and first level of support team in the country.
● Ensure the coordination of 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support for the incidents originated in the country.
● Work proactively on root cause analysis, problem solving and standard operating procedures creation.
● Monitor the local applications environment in his country
● Handle the communication to end users and other IT departments
● Ensure the Service Level commitments are respected
● Guarantee that the local IT support teams in his country follow the security, internal control and standardization principles defined by the group and regional teams.
● Promote and deploy a culture of the control and risk management in his country, to ultimately change behaviors and imbed Internal Control good practices in the day-to-day IT operations
● Define and Implement service enhancements that will improve the reliability, usability, security, supportability and performance of the desktop environment.
● Participate and facilitate the cross functional work between the I&O (infrastructure and operations) operating areas
● Work on the efficient transfer of delivered services into the run organization (service introduction)
● Managing related suppliers, their costs and performance
● Recruiting, coaching, developing and motivating employees within own country of responsibility and creating a work environment that retains the key personnel required to deliver value added innovative IT services across the business
Expenses Budget: N/A
Key figures (e.g. IT User, IT Sites, and Businesses):
1. 1 country, 8 sites( RMX, Terminals, Plants Offices), 600 users
List of direct reports:
Estimated number of employees to be managed: 1
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
● Internal: All IT functions like EA, Applications, Infrastructure, IT Security and. Regional service management teams, business functions, ITSC management. All business functions in the OpCo.
● External: Local vendor management
Level of education/qualifications normally required:
● Graduate degree in Business or Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with an IT focus
● Certifications: ITIL; CoBIT, CMMI. Cisco and Microsoft Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, SQL), DB administration, Linux/UNIX OS and virtualization are a plus.
Specific work experience:
● Broad technical knowledge of IT
● Understanding of IT services, technology and solutions
● End User services experience
● 3 years work experience in a related industry setting (cement, aggregate, ready-mix) is a plus
Technical / functional skills:
● Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products
● Deep understanding of running IT services in regards to technology and processes
● Strong analytical, design and development skills including troubleshooting and integration of IT services
● Strong competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
● Ability to develop and implement IT policies and governance
Behavioral / managerial competencies:
● Ability to communicate openly and effectively with IT management, Business Units management, with other IT managers, with staff, and with many diverse constituencies
● Ability to work decisively under heavy workload considering the criticality, urgency and extended work hours required to ensure availability of the service in accordance to service level commitments
● High willingness to drive transformation and service improvement
● Strong customer / end-user / client service orientation
● Highly self-motivated and directed
● Keen attention to detail
● Capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
Mobility requirements (time spent travelling internationally, nationally etc.):
● National travelling to plants and offices.