It is the primary objective of the Executive Assistant to provide various administrative, project management, and organization support to the MD ensuring timely execution and follow ups as required. This is a key strategic position for highly motivated candidates only as they will work closely with MD on all matters involving the management of a bank.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position is primarily responsible to assist the MD by providing comprehensive governance, company secretary, management, administrative and communications support. The responsibilities could be expanded with that of a Company Secretary depend on the candidate.
The principal responsibilities are to:
- Support the MD regarding activities related to the management of human, financial and material resources;
- Provide project management oversight support for ongoing projects;
- Assist the MD with the organization and follow-up of meetings and appointments, travel;
- Gather data, build and/or maintain Excel-based files, prepare correspondence, meeting minutes, and reports;
- Contribute to the development and preservation of a collaborative team environment with all EFC personnel;
- Implement and manage a practical, efficient and functional document filing and management system;
- Perform general office administrative tasks related to greeting of visitors, word processing and document management.
Other tasks and responsibilities that will enable the fulfillment of the above noted responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the office diary for the MD and ensuring important meetings/activities are logged and reminders provided;
- Organizing various meetings (i.e. Shareholder, Board, Management etc.) and attending to record minutes as required;
- Performing administrative tasks related to the processing and distribution of mail and phone calls, drafting and editing of documents, minutes, compiling of data and producing various reports as required;
- Ensuring efficient document management and updating of files (i.e. opening, closing, classification, access control, circulation, filing, etc.) in respect of EFC policies and standards;
- Maintaining confidentiality and ensuring confidential files, documents and information is properly preserved and secured;
- Supporting various operations related to the correct operation of the computer system and of the security of the premises, equipment and valuables;
- Ensuring all communication to and from the MD are attended to on time and all concerns by staff are brought to his/her attention in a timely manner;
- Ensuring the prudent use of systems and tools by the resources of the institution and making recommendations to improve the efficiency of the operational processes;
- Establishing and coordinating the implementation of company administrative polices;
- Performance of any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the MD.
Qualifications & Requirements (i.e. education, skills and experience)
The Executive Assistant requires good practical knowledge of executive administrative and governance / company secretarial support functions in the financial services sector. In this regard, specific qualifications and requirements include:
- Master’s Degree preferably Law or in Business studies;
- Preferably experience in dealing with Board Members and /or stakeholders;
- Three years relevant experience;
- Excellent planning, organisational, problem solving and report writing skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a cross-cultural environment;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database, etc.).
- Able to work with deadlines and flexible working hours if required;