Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered organisation first established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of ophthalmic and rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as healthcare social enterprise and through development programmes the community and the most vulnerable. Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs and is currently constructing a Maternity and Newborn Hospital.
In order to strengthen our External Affairs Team, we are looking for a driven Fundraiser who independently can identify and engage new strategic partners, maintains donor relationships and manages grants.
The External Affairs expert is a senior member of CCBRT’s External Alliances Team, that works towards a vision of a sustainable CCBRT with accessible specialized health services by identifying and engaging new and existing strategic partners.
The External Affairs Expert identifies and builds relationships with relevant partnersfor financial and technical support. Establishes and maintains relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organisations and develops ideas and programmes for formal collaboration in line with CCBRT’s overall vision and mission. The expert also manages contracts as key contact person, monitors the implementation of grant awards and works with relevant internal/external stakeholders to ensure compliance, programmatic and financial information is up-to-date, variances are identified and recommendations for action made. In addition the expert contributes to process improvements and effective work planning of the team in order to improve operational efficiencies and quality of work.
- Degree in international relations, development, business administration or in a field related to CCBRT’s core service areas with at least 7 years relevant experience (incl. 3 years in resource mobilisation & grant management)
- Demonstrable understanding of issues related to development, preferably specific to Tanzania and CCBRT’s core service areas
- Prior experience and familiarity with major donor agencies’ regulations, procedures and requirements
- Proven ability to analyse and systematically compile/review technical, financial and statistical information and to prepare reports and correspondence
- Capacity to conceptualise programme interventions and develop new initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work with multiple stakeholders (internal/external)
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way (English)
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisation and time management skills
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.