UMATI, a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), is a leading non-profit Association providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Information and services including Family Planning and HIV/AIDS in Tanzania.
UMATI with the Technical assistance from Regional office is implementing the activities of delivery of Health Related Services through public and private health facilities, community health workers as well as Outreach Work, under the project titled “WISH2ACTION”.
Pwani (Pemba, Temeke & Mkuranga),
Morogoro (Kilosa & Gairo),
Iringa (Iringa & Kilolo),
Dodoma(Bahi & Dodoma),
Ruvuma (Songea & Mbinga),
Kilimanjaro, Mtwara(Masasi & Lindi).
Reporting to: Restricted Programme Manager
Subordinates: Community Health Workes (CHW)
1. Job Purpose
To provide secure supply chain management, transport support, data management and coordination between outreach team and facilities as well as LGA. He/she will work in close collaboration with health partners at the sub national level to ensure SRHR such as family planning services and other related health services are accessible to the community.
2. Key Tasks
- Day-to-day following up of project activities in village communities.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of data being reported
- Work closely with village leaders and communities on the implementation of project activities.
- Convey information between project and villages.
- Report on performance and challenges of the project.
- Prepare and participate in training to the village communities.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Collect data from the outreach site and reports.
- Plan activities pertaining to SRH maternal and child health
- Ensure the availability of commodities and other supplies among concerned services providers and reporting systems are well established (i.e Establishing Supply chain monitoring system)
- Ensure reports submitted timely from providers as well as from CHWs
- To comply and deliver relevant service statistic reports on implemented activities at the clinic to the CMIS Officer
- To enable Sexual and Reproductive Health Service counselling and provision to clients on appropriate methods through coordination
- To supervise provision of health services and driving services for enabling sites to provide health services and coordination activities
- Attending cluster management committee meetings and project advisory committee meeting.
- Liase between PLO at HQ and service providers for procurement and provision of supplies.
- Analysis of data and provision of reports to the IT&CMIS/MTSM.
3. Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in Community Development, conservation, Social Science, medical or related fields.
- At least 2 years of working experience in the field
- Knowledge of the use of data management applications eg. Ms Excel
- Valid driving licence of manual vehicle
- Computer literacy with knowledge of internet and service packages
4. Knowledge/Skillsand Abilities
- General knowledge in SRH services and good communication skills
- Empathetic personality, self-confidence, confidentiality, tolerance of non-scheduled work hours
- Updated driving licence
- Core skill on supply chain management and logistics
- Information technology i.e. computer knowledge, data analysis and data management
- Fluent in Oral and written English and Swahili
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call.
Closing date for applications:
Applications received later
than 28th December 2018 will
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.