1. About DAI and the Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth Project
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients' most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public-sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations, philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The purpose of USAID’s Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth (AY) project is to use positive youth development approaches to empower rural Tanzanian youth and educate them on viable business options for rural economies, highlighting the income-generating potential across agricultural and other rural value chains and facilitating access to information, skills, and opportunities to ensure successful business start-ups and sustained employment.
DAI Global is looking to recruit interns to support the implementation of Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth (AY) activities:
Job Title: Finance /Administration intern
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: 3-6 Months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the finance department to ensure that all staff timesheets are compliant
- Support the finance department to conduct training.
- Assist in reviewing travel advances and employees expense reports.
- Assist the department to ensure documents are labelled and filed as per DAI procedures.
- Assist the department to ensure compliance of invoices.
- Follow-up on EFD and receipts from vendors and suppliers.
- Responsible for scanning supporting documents to the Home Office
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including data entry and scanning
- Maintain hard copy filing system.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, drafts, and memos.
- Resolves administrative issues.
- Coordinating the preparation of reports
- Support the preparation of project events.
- Performs other duties as directed and assigned by Finance/Administration department.
- At the end of contract period, the Intern will need to submit a brief report on their observations, learning and experience.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Volunteer, internship.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.