- Maintain up-to-date HR files for all employees;
- Coordinate recruitment process;
- Assist country manager in carrying out tasks to ensure compliance with donor and government requirements;
- Support the Country Manager in the ensuring the timely submission of returns and annual registration requirements.
- Participate in the development of annual budget and implementation of costed work plan;
- Maintain an up-to-date fixed asset register and inventory for all MCT assets;
- Ensure timesheets are accurately kept and filed;
- Oversee the general administration two Centres (based in Arusha & Sonqea], its operations, and maintenance (regular cleaning and repairs);
- Ensure monthly time sheets are submitted to the MCW Chief Operating Officer to allow timely payroll processing;
- Oversee timely payments of monthly expenses (electricity, utilities, etc.);
- Review payment requests and prepare- checks for approval by the Country Manager, ensuring that supporting documents are sufficiently provided to make payments;
- Maintain a ledger of financial transactions at the Centre including revenue and expenses;
- Collect and Issue receipts for all transactions at the Centre;
- Collect any revenue generated from community centre programs pursuant to set finance policies;
- Manage petty Cash;
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Country Manager;
- Work closely with the Country Manager to ensure MCT is complying with local regulations ond organizational policies, as well as creating, updating and maintaining key operational procedures;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Provide logistical support visiting staff, partners and donors in country on certain occasions:
The requirements listed below are representative of the professional qualifications, knowledge. skills, experience and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other Professional equivalent qualifications.
- 3-5 Years working experience in accounting and book keeping.
- Excellent knowledge of keeping payments order books as well as cheque books
- Excellent knowledge in verifying and preparing cheques and payments vouchers
- Excellent knowledge in preparing financial reports.
- Excellent knowledge in keeping all accounting documents in a safe and orderly manner.
- Performing all accounting functions in accordance with international accounting standards, procedures and policies.
- Should have excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills; problem solving skills, teamwork skills, analytical skills and multi-tasking skills. .
- Must be proficient with English and Swahili languages in both spoken and written.
- Excellent knowledge in setting up and using QuickBooks
- Experience working with local government end regulatory authorities in Tanzania;
- Ability to gather, evaluate and present information effectively to employees, management and a Board of Directors and make actionable -recommendations; strong written and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to think conceptually and deal decisively with practical matters in a proactive manner that reduces financial risk to the organization;
- Proven ability and willingness to work independently, prioritize and hold oneself accountable;
- Strong mastery of Google Drive and Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel;
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.