PIL (TANZANIA) LIMITED is locally registered company operating as shipping agents for PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL LINES. The Companyseeks to hire a full-time Finance and Administration Manager.
Description of the role and overall responsibility
The Finance and Administration Manager will be the Head of Finance and Administration department working closely with the General Manager to ensure the Company’s mission and strategies are successfully implemented.
He will be charged with providing leadership to finance team, as well as overseeing and coordinating effective delivery of administration and HR functions.
In discharging the role, the incumbent is expected to take necessary actions to ensure safeguard of Company’s resources, advising the management, enforcing adherence to SOPs and developing team members to take more responsibilities as a requisite for promotion to senior roles.
Reports To: General Manager
Principal Duties / Responsibilities:
Summary of responsibilities of the role;
Weekly cash flow and treasury management Debt collection-to ensure adequate inflow and that credit customers adhere to credit facilities to minimize credit exposure Financial reporting- monthly, quarterly and yearly reports preparation and submission Preparation of quarterly board pack and board meetings as well as doubling as Company Secretary Budgeting-preparation of annual budgets-CAPEX, revenue and OPEX, monthly expense monitoring and control Overseeing implementation of internal controls-compliance with SOPs Maintenance of reliable accounting records and documentation Overseeing audits- tax audits, internal and external audits financial audits Tax management and regulatory compliance- oversee preparation, filing and payment of taxes. Managing relationship and handling tax disputes with TRA. Overseeing compliance with other regulatory bodies; SUMATRA, BRELA, OSHA, NSSF, WCF etc Fixed assets management- procurement, tagging, maintenance of FA register and periodic physical verification Team management-performance appraisal, training and talent development
Administration and HR
Overseeing general office administrative tasks- utilities, transportation, flight and accommodation booking, annual maintenance contracts, repairs and maintenance Overseeing compliance with employee handbook and overall employees disciplined office conduct Overseeing employees welfare- processing of payroll, medical insurance, leave tracking and monitoring, employees social events Coordinating employee’s performance monitoring and appraisal-semi-annual and annually Handling disciplinary process- handling complaints from managers and employees, conducting disciplinary hearing meetings Advise the general manager on matters affecting the smooth operation of the Company
Qualifications-knowledge, skills, and abilities:
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized higher learning institution
• CPA (T) or ACCA and currently an active member of NBAA
• 5-8 years of related accounting/finance experience
• Knowledge of accounting processes, management of accounting operations, internal controls, IFRSs, financial reporting and taxation rules, regulations and appropriate practices
• Excellent financial analysis skills
• Ability to accurately prepare, interpret financial data and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the management/shareholders/board of directors
• Knowledge of MS Office and Computerized Accounting Systems.
• A liking for detailed work requiring attention and diligence
• Strong interpersonal and listening skills
1. Excellent organizational skills,
2. Time management, and attention to detail
3. The ability to solve problems with initiative and flexibility
4. The ability to learn quickly, multi-task and trouble-shoot
• Shipping industry experience and experience on Tally software will be added advantage
Compensation & Benefits:
This position offers the unique opportunity to join an innovative organization with opportunities for growth. Other benefits include:
• A great work environment
• Very competitive compensation package commensurate with equivalent positions in the market
• Medical insurance and Group Life Assurance
Beware of Fraud: Employers advertising their positions on the BrighterMonday platform are not supposed to receive payment from job seekers. If an Employer asks you to pay during the application process, please report it to us through this number +255 677 043 467