Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ)
project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development
(USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country
supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., Malaria, Family Planning
(FP), HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
(MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC TA-TZ
assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning
and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to
service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders'
understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening
enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Finance and Administration
Officer (FAO) will provide overall support in the accounting, administrative,
and operational aspects of project implementation. Additionally the FAO will
support activity manager as necessary to implement workshops funded by the
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Process accounting transactions through the project
- Ensure all accounting transaction are in accordance
to USAID rules and regulations, and that all transactions are processed
according to internal procedures.
- Review advance and expense reports, as well as
other expenses to ensure that all expenditure are processed in compliance with
USAID rules and regulations, and that all transactions are processed according
to internal procedures.
- Maintain all
accounting and procurement files electronically.
- Assist in the monthly accounting closeout.
- Enter payments using mobile money payment system.
- Maintain the petty cash.
- Support the Director of Operations in ensuring that
all procurement are processed according to USAID and internal rules and
- Maintain the purchase order tracking sheet to
ensure all purchase orders are up to date and documentation is complete.
- Coordinate with vendors as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain updates to the project’s
- Assist in developing VAT reporting to TRA and
- Assist activity manager in workshop implementation
as necessary. Activities including coordinating with vendors on conference
facilities, travel coordination, making per diem cash payment for workshop
- Performing any other duty(ies) as may be assigned
by his/her supervisor
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals who possess
the following minimum qualifications:
- Professional qualification in accounting, business,
- 2 years of relevant experience in accounting.
- Financial experience with a USAID-funded project
and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience with accounting systems desired.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all
project and staff proprietary matters.
- Proficiency in common computer packages (e.g. Word,
Excel) relevant to the work.