A: Job Title: Finance Assistant
Africa Healthcare Network (AHN) is building the first dialysis chain across East Africa, providing high-quality, life-saving dialysis at an affordable cost to both the local patient population and patients from neighboring countries, which do not have centers of their own. AHN brings world-class technical expertise combined with developing world practical operating experience to a region in dire need of quality dialysis treatment. In North America, over 97% of patients requiring treatment for kidney disease receive care; in East Africa, less than 5% receive care. AHN's goal is to increase access to high quality care at a lower cost to patients, delivered through a sustainable business model.
AHN is undergoing rapid growth in Tanzania and is looking for a finance assistant that will support continuous ethical management of financial transactionsand work closely with the Financial Controller (FO), Operations Manager, Country Head and the CEO to build the business.C: Job summary:
The finance assistant is responsible for supporting continuous management of financial transactions and periodic generation of management financial statements on monthly basis, quarterly basis and annual basis.
D: Duties and responsibilities
- Executing daily transactions classification and recording keeping using Microsoft excel.
- Posting transactions on Quick Books basing on accrual accounting principle.
- Updating accounts payable and receivables on Microsoft excel spreadsheets and on Quick Books, basing on payments, debit notes and credit notes.
- Analyzing financial data using Microsoft excel functions.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with all files and correspondence
- Facilitating preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on daily clinical bills and trackers.
- Support writing of progress and annual reports.
- Support the development of information and policy.
- Administrative and project liaison support.
- Follow-up report submission and disbursement of funds.
- Assist the due diligence processes of potential partners.
- Maintain and regularly update travel plans and provide updated reports to the team.
- Communicate with travel agencies to obtain estimated fares.
- Reconcile travel expenditures for all team members and submit them for authorization and payment.
- The post holder may additionally be called upon to undertake any other duties and tasks appropriate to the role and level of the position.
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Either having an ‘’A’’ or '’B’’ in Basic Mathematics and English on Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (CSEE)
- At least 2 years of experience in Finance, Accountancy or operations management
- Strong understanding of IAS, IFRSs and Tanzania tax laws
- Work experience in healthcare sector is a plus
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience building and maintaining customer and supplier relationships
- Ability to work through sensitive political contexts and develop strong relationships with government officials and multilateral organizations
- Strong work ethic and flexibility, respectful of local norms and culture, ability to work with humility and urgency
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Speaks fluent English and Swahili
F: Mode of Application
- All eligible applicants a re encouraged to apply via Brighter Monday only.
- Africa Healthcare Network Tanzania (AHN) in an equal opportunity employer, therefore all ethical and competent applicants from all races, gender and all ethnic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.