The ENVISION project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). It provides assistance to national neglected tropical disease (NTD) control programs for the control and elimination of seven targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, three soil-transmitted helminths (roundworm, hookworm, whipworm) and trachoma. ENVISION’s goal is to contribute to the global goal of reducing the burden of targeted NTDs so that they are no longer a public health problem. IMA World Health manages the ENVISION program in Tanzania in strict collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Neglected Tropical Disease Secretariat.
IMA World Health, a specialist in providing essential healthcare services and medical supplies around the world, is a nonprofit, faith-based organization working to restore health, hope and dignity to those most in need. IMA works primarily in the developing world, where an estimated 30 to 70 percent of health care is provided by faith-based organizations. IMA has more than 50 years of experience in supporting, implementing and providing technical assistance to implementing partners in resource-constrained settings, and specifically has worked on the control, elimination and management of morbidity caused by NTDs for the past 19 years.
Scope: The Finance, Compliance and Administration Officer (FCAO) is responsible for the day to day financial and administrative functions of the NTD control program ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to meet both Government of Tanzania and Donor requirements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the National NTD coordinator, take a lead in development of the National NTD annual budget & work plan
- Take a lead in facilitating development of district specific work plans and budgets during the annual review/planning meetings.
- Prepare monthly financial forecast and reports for the National NTD secretariat and forward them to IMA NTD program manager
- Make sure that the National NTD secretariat expenditure are in line with USAID and other donors rules and regulations
- Ensures smooth running of day to day administrative and financial functions of the Envision program at the national NTD control program office
- Make sure that National NTD control program team submits field reports and areas that need actions are communicated to respective persons/organs
- Updates the National NTD control program coordinator and the IMA NTD control program manager on both administrative and financial matters related to the program
- Coordinate, monitor and oversees financial management, including oversight of financial expenditures, undertake financial analysis of program in close cooperation with the NTD Country Coordinator and Envision Program Manager
- Custodian of financial documents, records, reports as well as banks statements and other instruments
- Ensure general accounting functions of the NTD country office including preparations of books of account, payment and receipt vouchers, cheques payments, bank reconciliations income and expenditures statements (budget comparison), balance sheet as well as cash flows on monthly and quarterly basis are Properly and timely done
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the program strategic plan, in forecasts future targets and resource need.
- Provide technical inputs to ensure that districts council comprehensive plans (CCHP) and MTEF at the district level includes NTD activities.
- Maintenance of office equipments, buildings and functioning of administrative support services including periodic maintenance of office equipments and assets, preparations of service contracts and agreements for consultancies, procurement of general supplies and assets, participate in the staff performance appraisal and job performance evaluation
Qualification, Education, work experience and knowledge:
- Education: Graduate from an accredited university with a master degree in finance, business administration or public or health administration.
- Registered by NBAA, or CPA Holder
- Knowledgeable of USAID rules and regulations
- Experience: Five years progressive responsibilities and experience in finance, compliance, planning, budgeting and budget management, project management and administration or operations
Note: The closing date for this application is Thursday, 28th March 2019, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Please apply via this Brighter Monday online application Only, other forms of applications will not be considered. We are corruption free organization please do not be tempted and approached on it.