Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of the Role:
The role is responsible for all financial, accounting and administrative operations/transactions to provide cost effective and efficient accounting and financial management services to the Board, stakeholders and subsidiary companies of the Group.
1. BOT report review and timely submission
Finance Manager is responsible to make sure that all reports have been reviewed and submitted before deadlines to avoid penalties. The BOT reports includes;
Daily, weekly and Bi- weekly reports
Form 16 Monthly report
Yearly Audited Financial report
2. Funders reports Finance Manager should make sure that Symbiotic report has been submitted to our funders on time.
3. Review in house charges & posting daily and weekly such as Postage, Suppliers and rent
4. Daily review of supplier payments to Ensure supplier’s payments are done as per specific terms of payments
5. To make sure that all transactions going through our current accounts are genuine and justifiable by making sure that Monthly bank reconciliations have been done in our current and suspense accounts.
6. To make sure that TRA statutory deduction, staffs contributions, Loan deductions and WCF are submitted on time to respective authorities
7. Management and review of Fixed asset movements
8. Management of Intercompany costs
9. Assessing core banking capability to support our business developments
10. Periodic provision of key financial ratios as the road map for business
11. Review of end month activities such as prepayments, provision revaluation, and core banking system align with accounting software.
12. Monthly payroll review
13. Management filling and documentation
The Finance Manager shall demonstrate:
Superior analytical, research and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Proficient in spreadsheet, word processing and database applications
The ability to work in a fast-paced environment without losing your ability to multi-task is critical.
Ability to meet objectives (quantitative and qualitative) determined by operations department
Ability to represent Letshego Bank by demonstrating professionalism and dynamism
Ability to respect policies and procedures
Good drive for initiatives
Ability to deliver clear, transparent and accurate information
Ability to report in full transparency to management
Bachelor Degree/postgraduate diploma/Master degree in Accounting, Commerce, business Administration, Management
Holder of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent
Proficient with accounting software/ financial audit / Microsoft Excel Work experience required (domain and number of years):
3 years’ experience in banking industry or Financial institution
Multi-cultural awareness and the ability to interact with a wide range of differing levels and sectors
of staff, society, social and business, is an essential characteristic of the person holding this position.