• At least 5+ years of overall professional experience; ideally 2+ years of broad financial and operations management experience
• The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination and has demonstrated experience in human resources management at a senior managerial position.
• The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
• Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
• Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• A multi-tasked with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of HPSL
Must be able to use accounting packages (systems) Pestel, Quickbook, Sage
PREFARABLY FROM FMCG BUSINESS OR RELATED (Fast moving consumable goods)
•Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
•Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process, administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors through its finance committee.
- Resource mobilization
- Accounting, financial reporting
- Budgeting, tax compliance, investments, human resources management, administrative functions, risk management and audit functions of HPSL
- The Finance Manager will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as HPSL continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization