Career Level: Senior Level (7+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: Monthly fixed salary
SOLARKIOSK is a retail company targeting the untapped markets at the Base-of-the-Pyramid (BoP). Our innovative retail outlets (E-HUBBS) are located mainly in off-grid areas providing FMCGs, solar products, energy services and other services like internet access to our customers. By this the E-HUBB becomes a center in underserved areas to which customers come from far distances.
The headquarters is based in Berlin (Germany) with currently six subsidiaries in Sub-Saharan Africa as well as projects in the Middle East, South East Asia and the Americas.
To manage our exponential growth, we are currently looking for a Finance Manager who will be working alongside the Managing Director to deliver cost effective and efficient accounting and financial systems, policies and processes that meet the current and future business requirements. A Finance manager that is capable of delivering high quality service in a consistent and a consultative manner to all levels of staff and departments with regard to financially related plans, policies and procedures.
His/her responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Overall financial planning, analyzing, monitoring ,controlling and financial reporting
- Crafting , supervising and analyzing cash flows
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Producing and submitting financial reports to the MD, the Group and other users as appropriate
- Monitoring and reporting on all factors influencing business performance
- Optimizing the stock levels in outlets and warehouse to maximize the use of working capital
- Taking ultimate responsibility for the company’s cash and inventory management policies and implement robust controls
- Adhering to financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk
- Support Supplier Negotiations to achieve better terms and conditions
- Coordinating departmental staff
- Ensure financial, statutory, regulatory and legislative compliance
- Leading Finance teams
- Ensuring that company’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Working with senior teams including retail and regional management teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are timely met.
- Establishing a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal and external parties including customers, regulators, advisors and the Group.
Experience and skills
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or further related fields
- CPA or ACCA preferred
- Extensive experience in a range of finance and controlling areas (e.g. FP&A, IFRS, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Commercial Finance, Treasury, Commercial or Operations Business Partnering, Costing)
- Senior level, demonstrated supervisory experience
- Experienced in setting up KPIs for a retail business
- Experienced in inventory controls, reconciliations and p & l management in multiple outlets and warehouses,
- Strong IT skills , always ahead of new technologies
- Excellent with standard office software (incl. MS Word, MS Excel or equivalent) and accounting systems (e.g. Quickbook, Tally)
- Working experience in an international organization specifically in audit and/or business advisory is an advantage
- High Integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Exceptional English communication skills at all levels required
What we offer
- A position in a steadily developing company with a competitive pay and exciting projects in the pipeline
- Expand our growing business in the field of renewable energy solutions and last mile distribution
- Excellent regional reputation and the unique opportunity to positively and directly impact social, economic and environmental challenges
- Be part of a dedicated, dynamic and highly motivated team of professionals