Duty Station- Dar Es Salaam
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water,
Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in
more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international
advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools,
knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services –
empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on our operations in Tanzania, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the Position
We are looking for Finance Officers to be part of the Planning, Control and Reporting section that is
responsible for supporting budgeting processes, budget monitoring, reporting to donors and ensuring
internal controls are in place and functioning properly.
If you have an Accounting degree with at least 3-5 years work experience and are interested in gaining
experience planning, control and reporting we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help our Planning, Control and Reporting section run smoothly, ensuring timely
accurate and reliable internal and external reports
- Posting of all donor reports once accepted
- Preparation of all donor reporting
- Preparation of annual and monthly cash flow reporting
- Preparation of quarterly liquidity to Head Office
- Support proposal budgeting and Full Cost Recovery
- Review of financial policies
- Support Control Self-Assessment
- Coordinate Internal and external Audit exercises.
- Support the preparation and review of PRRs and budget pipelines for all projects and advise
accordingly (note advise on monthly expenditures and gross contributions)
- Preparation of annual financial statements for SNV
- Timely Invoicing of all donors
- Understands financial accounting procedures, budgeting, and forecasting, monitoring,
reporting and financial auditing.
- Knowledge of internal control system
- Analytical, Knowledge of Microsoft excel, outlook, accuracy, attention to details, high degree
of integrity, capable of meeting deadlines, good communicator, prioritizing excellency. SAP by
D knowledge has added advantage
- B.com(Accounting), Bachelor of Accounting and Finance, Advanced Diploma in Accountancy
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience
- Experience with project reporting and working with multiple donors
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time national position with the successful candidate being contracted on a one-year basis
with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and
experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package.