The Finance & Operations Manager is overall responsible
for prudent financial management aspects of the Foundation, human resource
management, contracts management, ICT and general office administration. He/she
oversees these operations of the Organization and is tasked with leading the
Foundation overall Financial, Human Resources and ICT strategy. The incumbent
works hand in hand with the Business Development Unit in addressing issues
related to sustainability and resource mobilization and Program unit in
financial Management of the grants. The incumbent manages the development and
implementation of the departmental goals, objectives, policies and priorities
for each function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Financial & Grant Management
- Formulation and implementation of sound financial and
accounting policies, procedures and standards to support corporate strategy,
including the designing and/reviewing the organization's financial policies,
rules and regulations and ensuring that they are being adhered to.
- Responsible for financial strategic planning of the
Organization including: development of annual activity budgets; undertaking
cost-benefit analysis of various portfolios; and assessing income generation
- Draft and/or review Organization's and contracts' budgets,
cash flow projections. prepare documentation for contract modifications as
necessary; monitor the budgets and review programme pipelines monthly, and
provide monthly feedback to the management and other departments on the
financial status of the budgets
- Subject to reporting requirements between FCS and its donors
and contractors, develop and oversee systems for reporting on results and
finances regularly to meet the requirements in concert with the Executive
Director (including monthly expense reports, quarterly financial reports,
accrual projections, and other requirements).
- Managing sub-grantee agreements on financial aspects of the
grants and Participate in resource mobilization activities and in drafting new
requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Review/develop and manage the implementation of the
financial policies and procedures taking into account donors, contractors and
the Government of Tanzania regulations and guidelines.
- Oversee preparation of financial accounts/statements and
ensure that they comply with donor and contracts' requirements, the
International Financial Reporting Standards (I FRS) and the National Board of
Accountants and Auditors (NBAA), as well as ensuring tax returns, annual foundation
returns, financial/accounting reports and audits are filed to the relevant
authorities as required.
- Coordinate annual audits by external auditors, prepares
responses to management letters and present audited financial statements to the
Board of Directors for approval before submission to donors and contractors,
government authorities and interested parties. Coordinate any financial reviews
and audits of FCS by donors, contractors and other interested parties .
2. Human Resource Management
- Responsible for HR Development originating and leading FCS's
human resources practices and objectives and promoting employee-oriented' and
high performance culture by emphasizing quality, productivity and standards and
- Institute a coordinated approach for business process management
of the Foundation including: updating and revising human resources manuals and
policies, as required, compensation assessment and harmonization, assessment
and review of FCS benefits packages, payroll system development
- Supervise the preparation of payrolls ensuring they are
properly authorized and accounted for, completed on time, and that statutory
and other deductions are withheld from employees and remitted properly to the
- Manage the recruitment processes of staff at managerial
level and above and oversee the recruitment of low cadre staffs. Ensure
recruitment procedures are met and managed
- Monitor the scheduling, efficiency and deliverables of all
training for the FCS's staff and organization.
- Ensure good employee relations and a safe environment of
care for all staff. Where required, manage the disciplinary matter
3. Contract Management
- Ensure consistent management of all proposals and contracts
including oversight of the contract management process, as well as development
of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and
document management in line with the FCS's procurement guidelines
- Review procurement documents and provide approval for
compliance and financial availability.
- Review of the procurement procedure of the Foundations to
ensure relevance to the guidelines at all times.
4. General Office Administration
- Work with Executive Director and other department units to
efficiently and effectively manage and safeguard resources and assets of the
organization including their disposal and/or de-recognition.
Academic and/or Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Skills in developing and formulating strategy. Thorough
knowledge of accounting regulations and practices.
- Demonstrated experience providing reliable and accurate
financial information. Knowledge of financial and accounting systems and
proficiency in accounting packages. Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to include task and time
management, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines. Good leadership
and coaching skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
positively with staff members' across departments.
How to Apply for the Position
Please submit your applications by enclosing;
- Application Letter
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of Academic certificates
- Names and addresses of three referees
Applications in hard copies or electronic copies shall be
Foundation for Civil Society
7 Madai Crescent, Ada Estate, Plot No.1S2
P.O. Box 7192
Dar es Salaam, Email; email@example.com