To assist the HOO in monitoring operations involving all company operational equipment (incl. Trucks), ensuring timely and appropriate reporting’s on equipment performance. The FM shall in collaboration with the company operators and drivers ensures that the life expectancy of the company equipment and vehicles is at its maximum by providing proper guidance in driving; swift reporting’s regarding mechanical faults and other shortcomings. The main purpose of the FM function is to ensure that inputs from equipment’s to operations are in synergy with operational needs and as a result delays are kept at an absolute minimum.
- Provide guidance to operators on filling the operational equipment’s forms required and ensuring daily deliveries of such to the headquarters (HQ).
- In collaboration with equipment’s training staff, organize training sessions for operators in how to use the equipment’s.
- Perform regular inspections on equipment’s if required in order to upkeep the performance and reliability.
- Make sure the equipment is proactively maintained detecting any potential problems before damage occur and report back to Technical Manager.
- Take part in equipment’s fuelling and assist whenever it is required.
- Monitor and manage equipment fuel usage in collaboration with the Store Keeper and Operations supervisors.
- Established communication between the Supervisors and Line Managers as close as possible to ensure all needed equipment are in relevant places and proper working condition at all times.
- Take part in employing operators that are of good standard, who can maintain, look after and operate equipment’s with utmost care.
- Keep track of when equipment’s require service.
- Set a high departmental standard creating a culture of willingness to perform with the ultimate outcome of minimizing operational delays (due to equipment’s) and providing timely information on equipment’s to the TM and MS.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by a superior
- Make written reports on any breakdowns, damages to property and/or equipment, lost or missing parts of any equipment working on assigned area.
- Ensure the Equipment’s division is up to date on operational needs and take part in planning the preparation of equipment’s and operators for operational activities in advance.
- Assess the capabilities of operators in relation to what type of equipment they can operate.
- Make sure that machines, equipment, trucks and trailers are inspected and necessary maintenance activities are made before properly dispatch from the company yard.
- Advise and monitor (from time to time) the equipment operators in handling the equipment appropriately avoiding potential damage.
- Monitor whereabouts of equipment and make necessary report for the duration of utilization on a certain project.
- Coordinate timely with Operations Supervisors and security team for assessment and investigation on an incident or accident related to company equipment and operations on worksite. Give recommendations with the result of the investigation.
- Bachelors Degree in BA, Engineering or any related
- Masters is an added advantage
- 5 - 6+ years of experience in Fleet/ Operations and it's Management
- Excellent Analytical, Decision Making, Problem Solving Skills and Leadership Skills